• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 07:58:57 AM

MotoGP14

Started by HornetMaX, May 24, 2014, 01:11:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

girlracerTracey

Quote from: capeta on July 22, 2014, 09:51:34 AM
@girlracerTracey
So you don't ride on gpb online?
You 'll see a really good community i am a very bad driver and i have seen so many guys here kind enought to show me the correct line you must ride online on gpb :)

Hi capeta. I arrived at the wrong time. Slightly frustratingly. Yes I have participated online on gpbikes. However, shortly after my arrival the problems with beta 5/5b showed themselves to us all. So my online excursions have been curtailed somewhat..

My firm ambition is to actively participate and indeed help organise leagues on gpbikes in the future. As soon as the core.ini problems have been improved and/or resolved.

Tbh I am very excited by that prospect indeed. But I think it may take some time to reach that point in the development of gpbikes. It will be a wonderful thing to realise such an ambition however.

grT  :)

capeta

Ah ok so stay tuned for beta 6 (i hope :) )

Stout Johnson

Quote from: girlracerTracey on July 22, 2014, 10:16:41 AM
Hi capeta. I arrived at the wrong time. Slightly frustratingly. Yes I have participated online on gpbikes. However, shortly after my arrival the problems with beta 5/5b showed themselves to us all. So my online excursions have been curtailed somewhat..

[..]

Tbh I am very excited by that prospect indeed. But I think it may take some time to reach that point in the development of gpbikes. It will be a wonderful thing to realise such an ambition however.

Beta5/b has its problems, but tbh they are not that bad that is should someone prevent from playing. The physics problems can be dealt with atm* and the online stability is not worse compared to beta4 for all we know. There are regularly a number of guys online (just check http://stats.gp-bikes.com/servers.php in the evening hours) and we are having nice battles. For me riding and fighting closely has become a bit better in beta5 for whatever reason (seems to be because of better feeling on the brakes). So Tracey, why don't you come by once in a while? You can never start practicing REAL fights (compared to your Motogp14 time trialling :P) soon enough.  ;) Maybe I see you sometime.

*(front instability in slow corners does really only result in crashes is very few corners; wobble/weaving can be dealt with softer suspension settings; wheeling can be dealt with slightly releasing throttle whenever you realize front is about to go up)
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

girlracerTracey

July 24, 2014, 08:09:38 AM #183 Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 08:11:56 AM by girlracerTracey
It's sweet of you to think of me. Thank you.  :)

I'll give it a go. I have beta 4b, 5 and 5b all installed on my pc. All my additions, personalised helmet and bikes are on 4b. I have just play tested 5b so far. I haven't really set it up properly tbh. I was waiting for news on beta 6. But I'll get 5b in a state where I can go racing online. There was such a huge difference between 4b and 5b that this has really thrown me tbh. I was using a steering wheel and pedals on 4b and it was brilliant. The combination worked brilliantly. Now on 5b my steering wheel feels pretty awful and I am back on my xbox one controller..and yes the joypad feels much better on 5b.

So I am a bit at sea.. ;) I'll organise myself and try it online.

I presume no one knows yet when beta 6 might be released?

On motogp14 I am now racing in a collisions on league on PS4 with a sensible bunch of lads who race fairly and with consideration. I agree that in those circumstances collisions on racing is much better. I only had 4 "touches" in a 20 lap race and I didn't crash once. Although a guy who I had just out-braked safely into a corner wouldn't back off and collided with me side on. I was just holding my line. He went down. I didn't. So that was how it should have been.. with careful and skilled riders even using the motogp14 collisions model the racing was good and moreover it was fair. We were braking 4 abreast into bends and no one crashed.. No one taken out on the first corner of the race either which was pleasing. The new Argentinian track, the Autódromo Termas de Río Hondo, is very nice to ride. Hopefully we will have it in gpbikes at some stage.

grT  :)

capeta

You can delete beta 5 it's useless.
For paint you just need to move them,same for tracks but you 'll need to redownload the bike.