• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

My Adventures with Direct Steer w/ Torque

Started by Klax75, May 24, 2014, 11:30:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Klax75

DST Practice, first time riding the KTM RC8R at Mallory Park 1978.

DST Mallory Park 1978 KTM RC8R:

http://www.youtube.com/v/ZwEceb8dU7w

Klax75

DST Practice, Mallory Park 1978 Ducati GP12. This video I have two views one of what I saw from helmet view, and the second TV Camera track view. I couldn't get both video exactly lined up but it's very close. Also when I ride normally I don't have all the on screen stuff on. I usually just use the helmet, and maybe the gear indicator that's it. Might have to click the Youtube button to go to the HD larger version to see things clearer.

DST Mallory Park 1978 Side by Side View:

http://www.youtube.com/v/FHQuzfaELxA

Hawk

Hi Klax.

Your getting some very impressive lean angles there mate! Nicely done!

Any chance of power sliding the KTM RC8R all the way around "Gerrards Bend" on Mallory Park 1978?  That would look amazing! ;D ;D 8)

Hawk.

janaucarre

Klax75

DST Practice, Laguna Seca riding the Yamaha YZR 500 '93

DST Practice Laguna Seca:

http://www.youtube.com/v/f3ymNAtv0AA

Hawk

Hi Klax.

Very impressive mate...... Your certainly the leading light of ultimate hardcore riding in GPB with fully manual DST control, showing that it can be done if riders are willing to put in the practice.

Keep up the good work!  ;D 8)

Hawk.

Klax75

Thanks dude. :) I'm finding it a lot of fun, frustrating at times but fun.

Desteban

Quote from: Hawk_UK on August 20, 2014, 07:41:10 AM
Hi Klax.

Very impressive mate...... Your certainly the leading light of ultimate hardcore riding in GPB with fully manual DST control, showing that it can be done if riders are willing to put in the practice.

Keep up the good work!  ;D 8)

Hawk.

I concur, very impressive Klax!

janaucarre

Real real good Klax:)
I saw a thing that we cannot do, we the poors automatic riders;)
When you arrive at the corkscrew there is a right curve before the big left right corkscrew.
You make the rider movements like in reality, you always have the left knee deployed until the middle of the corkscrew. We can only do a right and left knee deployment and it makes many movements to the bike that you don't have.

HornetMaX

Quote from: janaucarre on August 20, 2014, 12:34:31 PM
When you arrive at the corkscrew there is a right curve before the big left right corkscrew.
You make the rider movements like in reality, you always have the left knee deployed until the middle of the corkscrew. We can only do a right and left knee deployment and it makes many movements to the bike that you don't have.
You just need manual rider L/R to do that (i.e. no need for direct steer), no ?

MaX.

Klax75

Quote from: HornetMaX on August 20, 2014, 12:36:23 PM
Quote from: janaucarre on August 20, 2014, 12:34:31 PM
You just need manual rider L/R to do that (i.e. no need for direct steer), no ?

MaX.

Correct that's more using Manual rider, being able to kick his knee out before the turn no matter what direction I am steering.

HornetMaX

I right when beta5 came out, i played a bit with manual rider L/R and I find it excellent visually.
Other riders say it makes you slower, but that's not a big concern to me, I'm already slow :)

MaX.

BOBR6 84

Yes slower.. But with practice manual rider L/R has potential to be faster imo.. So stable.

Klax75

After a lot of time with Beta 5b using DST. I feel the tire model is much better. In beta 4/4b when I would lean the bike the more I leaned the bike the less it seemed to tires gripped the track and more it seemed like I was just moving forward. So it made using the throttle coming out of the turn more cautious. In beta 5b, I have much more confidence when leaning the bike over, the tires feel like they will grip much better when applying throttle. I feel more of a bite in the traction of the tire, it's still very easy to kick the rear of the bike if throttling to hard. But over all when giving throttle, it feels like the tire is grabbing more of the tarmac then it did in Beta 4/4b.

In Beta 4/4b the more I'd lean the bike the more it felt like the tires where feeling like they were very worn as it was a old tire that had lost grip. When standing it back up the grip level would come back.

janaucarre