• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 05:07:26 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

VR version resolution

Started by fryy, December 21, 2021, 11:31:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fryy

vr version of the game runs in 1080p no matter what you set the in-game setting to. is there a work-around for this?

Vini

I don't think resolution setting has an effect in VR.
Could be mistaken though.
For Oculus devices you can change the resolution scaling for multisampling through an INI.

onearmedbandit

Quote from: Vini on December 21, 2021, 12:59:55 PMI don't think resolution setting has an effect in VR.
Could be mistaken though.
For Oculus devices you can change the resolution scaling for multisampling through an INI.

100% right, your HMD res is set by its own resolution or supersampling. The res in video settings is for your monitor from what I've seen in every other VR title that supports monitor display.

fryy

yeah, i know that. I'm trying to lower the resolution on the desktop to squeeze more frames out of the game.

Chispifumy

Try lowering the supersampling in the oculus.ini file, 100% is 1, try 0.8 to scratch some more fps.

Nihil

I think you can also add to/create the file oculus.ini in GPB install folder:
[render]
pixel_density = 1.5

As for resolution - I'm using Virtual Desktop and SteamVR, and the resolution settings in both do not seem to effect GPB.
Or it does set an upscaled resolution, but any alterations do not have an effect.