• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 09:27:41 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

game freezes when player connects

Started by fryy, December 22, 2021, 07:36:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fryy

happens in both mx and gp bikes, a lot of the time my game freezes for multiple seconds when someone joins. game locks on one frame for up to 5 seconds (usually 1 to 3) every time when a player connects, and I'm pretty sure it's only happening in VR. not sure if there's a cache i can clear that will help this?

fryy

I'm moving all my mods over to an SSD to see if that will fix it. My theory is that when someone connects with a mod my game has to load off my D drive, it's freezing while loading the mod. Hopefully moving the mods all onto an SSD will help.

Chispifumy

That is a bug that also happens when playing without VR, it gets better with the betas but it still happens when there are a lot of people on the server.

Nihil

Quote from: fryy on December 23, 2021, 04:40:53 PMI'm moving all my mods over to an SSD to see if that will fix it. My theory is that when someone connects with a mod my game has to load off my D drive, it's freezing while loading the mod. Hopefully moving the mods all onto an SSD will help.

All my mods are on the same SSD as install folder. Still get these freezes so that probably won't help (but might shorten the freeze, I don't know how long it is for you).

I notices sometimes players connect with no freeze. my guess is that your right and when a player connects with a bike that's already used by someone there's no need to load the model, but if a new unused bike joins the model is loaded to memory.