• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 09:48:37 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Prototype gp500 physics model

Started by girlracerTracey, June 02, 2014, 11:05:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Klax75

When I first started GP Bikes I had Direct Lean On, even though it was on by default. I was falling down so much I was turning every thing on and off trying to find out what worked for me. I drove with Direct Lean On for months got use to it. But it just didn't feel right to me. So i switched it off, relearned how to rider and liked it better for my riding style.

Over the last couple days while I've been practicing DST. I also tried out Direct Lean on and off, Auto rider Lean on and off. Now this is purely what I found for myself. Since I never really used auto rider, maybe the first week I got GP Bikes. I'd get confused with people saying the front keeps folding on them, when it didn't seem to happen to me. So I decided to do some tests, what I found out was. Direct Lean On, Auto Rider L/R on. I could ride around but the front handle bars would shake a lot more when switching directs. The front end would fold under the bike. I could tell a split second before it would happen. Other times it was more random.

I put rider back to full manual Direct Lean On, handle bars still where jiggling around when taking when switching directions, less then they were auto rider, by a good bit but still noticeable. For me I have really small hands and a light tough, Direct Lean On feels like it is meant for heavy handed player. I know MaX will differ on this and say it's meant for a lighter touch from my experiene personal it's the opposite.

Then I went back to Direct Lean Off, Full Manual Rider, the wobble was again noticeably less but still there. Shifting the rider left and right if a wobble starts will get it to stop.

DST I haven't noticed any wobble of the handle bars, aside from them wanting to fall to one side or the other then first spawning. Or if the front tire comes off the ground.

girlracerTracey

Quote from: Klax75 on June 11, 2014, 04:45:34 AM

So I decided to do some tests, what I found out was. Direct Lean On, Auto Rider L/R on. I could ride around but the front handle bars would shake a lot more when switching directs. The front end would fold under the bike. I could tell a split second before it would happen. Other times it was more random.

One thing I have personally noticed is that with a steering wheel and Direct Lean On/Auto Rider L/R on, the tendency for the front end to "tuck" in this way seems noticeably less to me.
This effect seems a less common occurrence to me now..

grT

Allen

The up hill, down dale issues have been around since alpha, the 250 around lime rock was more like riding speedway up the hill (the betas have vacillated between being better up and down hill). I'm hopeful that Pibosos work on MX bikes may have given him a few answers to put back into GP-Bikes....

PeterV

Quote from: Allen on June 11, 2014, 11:46:03 AM
I'm hopeful that Pibosos work on MX bikes may have given him a few answers to put back into GP-Bikes....

:-X sshhst no mention of MX-Bikes here  ;)

girlracerTracey

The up hill, down dale issues have been around since alpha, the 250 around lime rock was more like riding speedway up the hill (the betas have vacillated between being better up and down hill). I'm hopeful that Pibosos work on MX bikes may have given him a few answers to put back into GP-Bikes....

"Vacillating" is such a cool word..I love it! Don't hear it used much..

I love cool words like that! Language really excites me when it is used so nicely.

grT  :) 

BOBR6 84

Quote from: PeterV on June 11, 2014, 02:55:49 PM
I'm hopeful that Pibosos work on MX bikes may have given him a few answers to put back into GP-Bikes....

:-X sshhst no mention of MX-Bikes here  ;)

Lol! Another poor kitten has sadly been killed...

capeta

More grip less problem in front Wheel but too much wheelling to my taste.
Personnally i have just touched the tyre grip and all is perfect and if u want quick reaction you use direct lean on.
My test track was sachenring ( problems in front wheels on this track).
And i have used the varese dunno if it's important or no but you're config file point to the varese geom file...