• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:06:11 PM

Need help w/cornering

Started by Chris, June 05, 2014, 12:51:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris

Quote from: HornetMaX on June 06, 2014, 06:39:48 PM
You're overcomplicating your life man ... 2 hands, one joypad, more than enough.

If you have real foot pedals, then you can use them., it makes sense. But if you use them for shifting gears, that's really overshoot.
Even me I can manage manual clutch, throttle, front and rear brake ,lean and rider lean l/r on a single joypad (all on analog axes), plus of course gearbox up/down.

MaX.
Don't knock it till you try it. For me this setup is awesome because I hold the controller weird and it solves my personal problem of being overwhelmed by all the controls. It makes everything smoother and is actually less complicated for me. For you it might suck and be the most retarded thing you've ever seen, because as you stated, you hold the controller a different way then I do, making it easier for you to use every control possible on one gamepad.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Chris on June 06, 2014, 07:44:43 PM
Quote from: HornetMaX on June 06, 2014, 06:39:48 PM
You're overcomplicating your life man ... 2 hands, one joypad, more than enough.
Don't knock it till you try it. For me this setup is awesome because I hold the controller weird
Well, just hold it right (Copyright S.Jobs) instead of weird.

Or is there any specific reason forcing you to hold it weird ?

MaX.

Chris

Just because you might think it's the right way doesn't mean it is, and just because I might think I hold it the right way definitely doesn't mean it is. Is there really a "right way" to do it when it comes to different styles? And no, there's no physical boundary I have that would stop me from holding it the "right" way.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Chris on June 06, 2014, 08:09:23 PM
Just because you might think it's the right way doesn't mean it is, and just because I might think I hold it the right way definitely doesn't mean it is. Is there really a "right way" to do it when it comes to different styles? And no, there's no physical boundary I have that would stop me from holding it the "right" way.
It's not me thinking that, it's the people that designed the controller: they definitely had a "right" way of holding it in mind. That's why they put two buttons above the triggers.

That said, whatever suits you is fine. Just be aware that is very very uncommon and may (eventually) limit you.

MaX.