• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 02:45:16 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

A new two-stroke 500cc Ronax

Started by Ian, June 10, 2014, 07:41:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C21

Hmm....
Just to say....
maybe you start your own topic?
the last 2 pages are about 2stroke vs 4 stroke.
Nothing about the Ronax....
;)
# Member of the CAWS Racing Team #

EdouardB

Honestly if I had 100k I would never ever buy a Ronax 500.

For this price you can have:

- 1 TZ 250 + 1 TZ 350 + 1 TZ500 + 1 TZ750 all in excellent condition + a few spares
- 1 factory 500GP bike (some cagivas 500 have been sold recently for 90/100k - Yamaha 500 ROC for about 110/120).

Also you can resell those bikes at any time easily for the same price. The same cannot be said about the Ronax.

Other than Jay Leno and a couple high profile Hollywood actors, I have no idea who would be actually interested in this bike.

C21

I would like to know who are the 24 pre-order takers  ;)
# Member of the CAWS Racing Team #

BOBR6 84

Quote from: C21 on June 17, 2014, 11:35:10 AM

Probably jay leno, tom cruise, beckham and HornetMaX!! To name a few..
;)

HornetMaX

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on June 17, 2014, 12:12:42 PM

;)
I ordered 2: one for track, one for bragging !!  ;D

MaX.

JamoZ

In your usual pink/purple colors?

HornetMaX

Quote from: C21 on June 17, 2014, 07:32:19 AM
Hmm....
Just to say....
maybe you start your own topic?
Not a bad idea, will do.

Quote from: C21 on June 17, 2014, 07:32:19 AM
the last 2 pages are about 2stroke vs 4 stroke.
Nothing about the Ronax....
;)
Maybe there's not a lot to say about the Ronax .. . ;)

MaX.

EdouardB

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on June 17, 2014, 12:12:42 PM

;)

You're probably really close to the truth. I'm serious :P

If you're interested in expensive bikes and know the prices, it's pretty obvious that a Ronax 500 is a bad choice...

HornetMaX

Quote from: JamoZ on June 17, 2014, 12:21:34 PM
In your usual pink/purple colors?
No, that's skerp, not me. I'm very sober with colors (maybe even to much).

And I remember some of your skins for the 990 I really wouldn't be proud of :)

MaX.

Vini

Quote from: HornetMaX on June 16, 2014, 09:58:08 PM
Quote from: vin97 on June 16, 2014, 09:30:29 PM
It's getting rediculous now, you are putting words in my mouth that I never said in this way.
Where exactly ?!
Quote from: HornetMaX on June 16, 2014, 09:58:08 PMPure logic none of the very successful companies in the world have ever embraced, just because they hate two strokes. Yeah, ...
I never said they are not investing in it because they hate two strokes.

Quote from: HornetMaX on June 16, 2014, 09:58:08 PM
Quote from: vin97 on June 16, 2014, 09:30:29 PM
Besides, even a downscaled turbofan or radial engine would be way too heavy and too large to fit into a sport bike.
Again ?! I think I've already said that 2 posts above but ... once more ... the airplane engine example was there to 'mock' you're extrapolation of naval engines. I think we all agree turbofan for bikes does not sound right.
But saying 2 strokes are good for naval, hence they are good for bikes does not sound good neither.
I could say "4 strokes are good for trucks, hence they must be good for bikes" (which would be equally bad reasoning, or close to).
Since it has already been successfully done, a two stroke engine is suitable for a motorcycle (it's not like the engine characteristics or working rpm range are impossible to be used in a motorycle). The question is whether it can be as efficient as four strokes. And if it is proven to be possible on a big engine it also works on a small one. Again, the gas dynamics and fundamental properties of the engine are exactly the same.

Car manufacturers have even less reasons to start developing two strokes. Why invest in it when fully eletric cars will take over the market shortly afterwords (or even before) either way.
And who today is buying a car because it weighs 50 kg less and has more power. For almost all people fuel consumption/costs are the most important things when buying a car. Even most sports cars are hybrids nowadays.
But there are some intersting developents in two stroke opposed piston engines that may be an alternative for cars in the future, but until they are ready for the market, it's probably too late.

Yes, we really need better/lighter batteries (also for smartphones and other portable devices).
It's something that is lacking behind immensely.

HornetMaX

I've created this: http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=1206.0

Your reasoning:

Quote from: vin97 on June 17, 2014, 01:16:22 PM
Since it has already been successfully done, a two stroke engine is suitable for a motorcycle (it's not like the engine characteristics or working rpm range are impossible to be used in a motorycle). The question is whether it can be as efficient as four strokes. And if it is proven to be possible on a big engine it also works on a small one. Again, the gas dynamics and fundamental properties of the engine are exactly the same.

is wrong. Read in the other post.

MaX.