• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 07:27:09 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Changable Track Layouts and Bikes Parts

Started by Klax75, June 17, 2014, 11:31:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Klax75

After play Karting Pro for a while I was thinking it has some cool features that would be nice in GP Bikes. In KPR you can adjust the look of your cart, the body work, the engine air in-take, cockpit gauges. So even the same Kart will look slightly different to another persons cart.

It got me thinking if something like this could be added to GP Bikes. Like for a example the Triumph, our Triumph has the exhaust under the seat. Where here in the U.S. AMA the Triumph exhaust is mounted on as a side pipe. Or we could have the stander bike gauges, or a Magneti Marelli standard gauges. Instead of having totally different bikes before we get to the track, in the bike select screen would could have choices. I want the road package. Or I want the road package weekend racer with no mirrors or signals. So the base bike wouldn't change just the add on to it. I want a race bike, with side exhaust pipe and choose Magneti Marelli gauges over the stock ones. These gauges could be use on multiple different MOD bikes.

Same kind of think could be done with tracks. I want Suzuak, but I one of the short versions of Suzuka. Without selecting another track, I just select the lay out I want.

As for a dedicated servers they could have a option for Road or Track setups. Meaning the options for Mirrors and Signals won't even show if I am at a race server.

BOBR6 84

+1 great shout!!

Shit man.. Im turning into a +1 guy  ::)

C21

This would mean that someone has to model the addon parts for each different bike.....

# Member of the CAWS Racing Team #

Klax75

Yes I realize that. But when making the bike you would have this in mind.

C21

Today most of the bikes are not made from scratch.
They are only ripped and converted to GPB.
You can´t take parts on and off that easy on a ripped bike.
I agree on a scratch build bike it will be easy to add different exhaust systems,.....
# Member of the CAWS Racing Team #

Hawk

Quote from: C21 on June 18, 2014, 06:43:51 AM
Today most of the bikes are not made from scratch.
They are only ripped and converted to GPB.
You can´t take parts on and off that easy on a ripped bike.
I agree on a scratch build bike it will be easy to add different exhaust systems,.....

So long as the ripped model was properly cleaned up after the rip(A lot of work), then selecting, separating and renaming the different parts of the ripped bike model would not be that difficult.
It's when you have to go into altering the topology of triangulated mesh that the real problems and difficulties start.
But in this case you wouldn't be altering topology, you'd just be creating new parts to be able to separately attach to the bike model; you'd just have to make sure that the parts to be replaced were separate in name and form from the ripped model.

Hawk.