• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

My attempt at a motorcycle game controller

Started by pikey, February 27, 2022, 09:04:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pikey

February 27, 2022, 09:04:19 PM Last Edit: February 28, 2022, 08:48:14 AM by pikey
This is my attempt at building a motorcycle game controller and it works really well , next step is foot controls

Chris_Beeves

Looks great!
Will you use hydraulics for foot brake too?
I had to try..

doubledragoncc

Good work, it seems you have also used the same principle for steering as my systems so maybe it proves my concept works? Would be cool if you could make some videos and if you need some help with custom parts I have a lot of laser cuts I dont use anymore and might make it easier for you.

PM me if interested

Look forward to updates

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

pikey

pikey

Quote from: doubledragoncc on February 28, 2022, 08:07:16 PMGood work, it seems you have also used the same principle for steering as my systems so maybe it proves my concept works? Would be cool if you could make some videos and if you need some help with custom parts I have a lot of laser cuts I dont use anymore and might make it easier for you.

PM me if interested

Look forward to updates

DD
DD I definitely based it on your system,it works really well but probably nowherenear as good as yours ,I appreciate the offer for parts which I might take you up on . It's definitely been a massive learning curve but I now have a better idea of electronics etc , hats off to yourself and anyone else that has built a system much harder than I thought

doubledragoncc

I am in UK and have parts I wont use again and so much hardware and if I can help you can have parts m8. No cost just shipping.

If you can skype or something willing to chat and help

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

pikey

Quote from: doubledragoncc on March 01, 2022, 05:12:54 PMI am in UK and have parts I wont use again and so much hardware and if I can help you can have parts m8. No cost just shipping.

If you can skype or something willing to chat and help

DD
thanks so much when I get around to attempting the foot controls I will be in touch

pikey

Fitted a thumb brake today (rear brake) as I am still trying to work out how to make the foot controls

pikey

Foot controls nearly finished, but needs tidying up here and there

doubledragoncc

pikey

Added a mini bass shaker to the handlebars today ,just the right amount of vibration to give it a more realistic feel

Chris_Beeves

Yeah, it really does lift the experience!
Makes things come alive. Put one on the footpegs too! :D
I had to try..

pikey