• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 07:35:12 PM

Bug in servers page ?

Started by HornetMaX, June 22, 2014, 09:00:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HornetMaX

Hi,

I noticed that I can join a beta5 online server from the GPB servers page (http://stats.gp-bikes.com/servers.php), but only with Firefox. Chrome and IE do not work.
Chrome, and it is indeed launching the core.exe, but core.exe exits immediately.

I've noticed that if in Firefox I right click on the "Join" line of a server and then paste the text in an editor I get this:

gpbikes://217.92.97.79:24189/192.168.95.59:24189/Track%2019/0/Victoria//GP1000/GP125/GP125%20Cup/GP500

If I do the same from Chrome and IE, I get this:

gpbikes://217.92.97.79:24189/192.168.95.59:24189/Track 19/0/Victoria//GP1000/GP125/GP125 Cup/GP500

Maybe that explains why it doesn't work with Chrome and IE.

MaX.

Stout Johnson

For me it does not work with FF either. If I click on "join" there comes a message from firefox (which I cannot translate 1:1) but it says something to the extent of "Adress not detected. Firefox does not know how to open the adress as it is not a registered protocoll..."
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

HornetMaX

Reinstall GPB and allow it to register the protocol (check the case when the installer asks).

MaX.

Warlock

For me, with FF launches the game, but nothing more, just opens the game

Ian

Have you tried starting the game leave it running drop back to windows then click the server link

Warlock

That only launches the game twice , i mean it launches a new instance of the game

Ian

Yes sorry I see what you mean I had not noticed 2 games running
The track % is wrong it was 2019 the last time I connected

Warlock

np, thanks for trying to help

HornetMaX

The %20 you see is show a space character is translated in +URLs. There's something broken somewhere around that ...

@Warlock: go on the server page with FireFox and right click on the "Join" and in the popup menu select "Copy link address", then paste (ctrl-v) it here: what do you have ?

MaX.

Warlock

I've fixed it. Im online now
I checked the box to remember to launch with core.exe. Then go to FF options/applications and change it from 'core.exe' to use 'c/program files etc ..connect 1%'

thx for help  ;)

guigui404

there no problem hornet the %20 represent a space in some navigator so it's the same link ;)

guigui404

And me i can't join and i've windows 8 & yesterday Alibaskins had the same problem and he has windows 8 too , so it's maybe the same problem for some of you :) !

HornetMaX

Quote from: guigui404 on June 23, 2014, 07:35:52 AM
there no problem hornet the %20 represent a space in some navigator so it's the same link ;)
There's definitely a problem as with Firefox it works and with Chrome/IE no (GPB starts and exits immediately).
The %20 in the urls is normal, but they way it is passed from the browser to the core.exe seems to be different depending on the browser, hence the problem.

MaX.

guigui404

new problem this morning link delete first letter of the track ;)

gpbikes://90.17.116.141:20510/192.168.1.12:20510/guigui try/0/ictoria//Open

No V on victoria and same for all other server

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on June 23, 2014, 08:43:28 AM
Quote from: guigui404 on June 23, 2014, 07:35:52 AM
There's definitely a problem as with Firefox it works and with Chrome/IE no (GPB starts and exits immediately).
The %20 in the urls is normal, but they way it is passed from the browser to the core.exe seems to be different depending on the browser, hence the problem.

MaX.

Yes. this is bad link address and file naming practice. Link addresses should always be created without spaces, same for file names when programming. If you require a separator in a filename or link address it should always be represented by an underscore "my_link_address", or "my_file_name", or as a compromise, "MyFileName", otherwise a "%" will be placed in the address which are not always recognised.

Hawk.