• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:42:24 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

(WIP) 2009 Honda CBR 1000RR(first try modeling not a mod)

Started by valentinik46, June 23, 2014, 01:32:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

valentinik46

June 23, 2014, 01:32:38 PM Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 08:07:49 AM by valentinik46
im trying to model my first bike,actually my first 3d model after some basic tuts ,and a failed digital tutors tut where i only created the tubular frame of a ducati monster and then quit in frustration, and never touched 3ds max again for a long time,i hope this time i dont quit. :) here are some pics,all tips welcome.  pics 1-2 with meshsmooth,pics 3-4 without meshsmooth,pic 5 nurms toggle                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

BOBR6 84

nice work!! apparantly the 2006-2007 model blade is easier to model! hehe   :P

nah good stuff  ;)

valentinik46

this is my bike now thats why ;)but my previous bike was 06-07,anyway i hope i finish this really ,im very very noob with 3dsmax and impatient,what you see i did it in 4-5 days working on and off and doing stuff deleting them and starting over again,its super hard to learn and try and do a bike at same time,plus i dont even know if im doing it right and problems i might encounter later,i havent touched 3dsmax about 2 weeks now   :D

rodney007

Stunning and such high quality! Nice low poly count so definitely make it a mod! If you need
a hand getting it in-game and textured I am happy to help.

May I ask, Do you Boolean the holes out before or after smoothing?

valentinik46

June 23, 2014, 11:36:53 PM #4 Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 08:09:17 AM by valentinik46
Quote from: rodney007 on June 23, 2014, 10:43:18 PM
Stunning and such high quality! Nice low poly count so definitely make it a mod! If you need
a hand getting it in-game and textured I am happy to help.

May I ask, Do you Boolean the holes out before or after smoothing?
Hey rodney,its very nice to hear this from you man,i really admire what you have been doing thanks,and yes it would be great if i manage to finish this model to get it in game and textured,i can just model it and give it to you if you want to take it from there,but that is if i succed cause i think the harder parts are ahead like fairings and stuff.to answer your question i started the frame with lines,splines,adjust shape, and then i surface those, and after that i cut the holes and added resolution (ring connect) ;D,after that shell modifier and delete the inner faces,the holes were a pain to keep them as they should when smoothing,i know the way im doing it must be wrong but im trying,its more like improvising with the few things i know how to use,the only thing i keep in mind is not to create triangles only quads and try to keep the poly count low,allthough i dont understand if a model has to be smoothed or not to get in a game etc.....you get my point im clueless,Here are 2 pics of initial progres to give you an idea          :)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     

Hawk

Quote from: valentinik46 on June 23, 2014, 11:36:53 PM
The holes were a pain to keep them as they should when smoothing, I know the way I'm doing it must be wrong but I'm trying, it's more like improvising with the few things i know how to use.

Hi valentinik46.

Inserting an "Edge Loop" either side the edge of the hole will help a great deal to keep the holes shape during smoothing functions. The closer you put the "Edge Loop" to the edges of the hole the sharper the definition will keep during smoothing functions.

Hawk.

PS: It's great we now have another scratch bike modeller. You'll learn a lot by doing this so stick with it, it does get easier the more techniques you learn and master.  ;)

You doing a great job mate.... keep up the good work!  ;D ;D 8)

rodney007

Quote from: Hawk_UK on June 24, 2014, 01:07:16 AM
Quote from: valentinik46 on June 23, 2014, 11:36:53 PM
The holes were a pain to keep them as they should when smoothing, I know the way I'm doing it must be wrong but I'm trying, it's more like improvising with the few things i know how to use.

Hi valentinik46.

Inserting an "Edge Loop" either side the edge of the hole will help a great deal to keep the holes shape during smoothing functions. The closer you put the "Edge Loop" to the edges of the hole the sharper the definition will keep during smoothing functions.

Hawk.

PS: It's great we now have another scratch bike modeller. You'll learn a lot by doing this so stick with it, it does get easier the more techniques you learn and master.  ;)

You doing a great job mate.... keep up the good work!  ;D ;D 8)

Awesome I just learned another thing! its amazing how many more efficient ways there are for doing things!

Dont worry ... I used to say "I just model" as well but that soon turns into frustration as ppl are not prepared to take all the time of exporting lining up and texturing out of the kindness of their warm hearts :-) so you end up learning yourself! plus it gives you
the control to get it looking how you want it.

I can show you how.... its easy as!

Add my skype and keep up the amazing work!

guigui404

your job look very great valentininik :) hope you'll finish soon to try this :) !

Good luck

valentinik46

June 24, 2014, 05:32:11 PM #8 Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 08:19:28 AM by valentinik46
hey thanks guys for the kind words and tips,it really gives me motivation, roodney you are right about that i just tried to  make it easy for me and just model ;D here are some pics of the left side of swingarm i did today,next i have to atach them together and fix the part that connects to the frame                                                  

rodney007