• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:59:34 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

motorcycle games/sims

Started by BOBR6 84, July 07, 2014, 01:36:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOBR6 84

For me... bike games are dead in the water!

Im liking Beta5b but theres a couple of things that straight up piss me off about gpbikes.. online issues hit the top of the list!

the new motogp14 doesnt do it for me.. although i think the moto2 class could be fun online!

what else is there? nothing.. apart from some older games.

id like to see gpbikes progress a little quicker.. maybe piboso can tell us his future plans towards gpbikes??

iv been playing bike games for about 15+ years now... im still waiting for somebody to come along and hit the spot.

id like to hear more about this TT game for 2015 and or whats in store for gpbikes..?

im getting tired and bored of waiting and not knowing. its all about bike games for me. i dont want to see another car or shooting game being released i want to see some good bike games like tourist trophy remade and updated. an isle of man tt sim. etc etc etc...

im pleased milestone keep making bike games but dissapointed with their work.. graphics get better, games get worse.

iVolution

July 07, 2014, 09:15:55 AM #1 Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 09:25:01 AM by iVolution
Hey bob, that is pretty spot on and could not agree more.

GPbikes is pretty much the only game that overall does a good enough job (great physics but slow development) to stay entertaining for a long time. Motogp series is the exact inverse (simple physics but fast development) but since a game in my opinion is only as good as its worst component, in MotoGP's case the physics, it is not worth playing if you are looking for realism.

I am pretty sure that Piboso is hard at work with the TT game he mentioned, i just hope that the game will have similar physics and will be (sort of) bug free when it releases. Who needs GPbikes when we have a laserscanned Isle of Man with Gpbikes physics or better? I think that will keep me occupied for at least a year  ;D

As I have noted here before, the problem with GPbikes is sort of a vicious circle: no promotion until V1.0 --> little sales --> little money --> little development --> long time till V1.0
I just hope that at some point Piboso realizes the physics of GPbikes are "good enough" for a V1.0 since all the competition is not even in the same league and GPbikes is basically the only Motorcycle Simulator publicly available to date. If he just put some effort in working out the worst bugs and put everything else on a hold (due to the TT project probably impossible) this game would have been long ready and some well deserved cash would have been rolling in.

The other thing I do not understand is that he does not use the appropriate channels available. Getting your game early access in Steam is not as hard as it used to be. Amongst those milliions of people there are a lot of potential customers, Steam only charges around 25% of the sales price but fixes all payments, updates, promotion, distribution and GPbikes is more than ready to be released there. If the sales of the product increase 100x lowering his income per product should not be a problem. The problem is that most people do not know Gpbikes exists and that is why it doesn't sell. Turning up in the new releases in steam would completely change this. For Piboso nothing would really change since he still controls the product, steam would just be the portal through which people start up the game.

All things aside, once that IOM TT game turns out to be great you won't hear me complaining  :D

Warlock

Imo, Piboso does right not publishing a game that is not ready, i would do the same. He is getting now complaints from the forum, can you imagine that from Steam? 25000000000000000 of mails complaining about a core.exe, a wobbling front end. Something like that would kill him.

Probably he would get some cash from Steam and get a bigger team to work with, but he dont want to share his knowledge about the sim. Again, i agree with him, i wouldn't like a team member to learn all i know and then go to a bigger company and spread it all around, real world sucks.

Yes, he is taking soooo long, and losing customers and fans in the way, but that is only collateral damage. Once he is satisfied with the sim, and us jumping around of happiness because core crashes are gone and we have an stable front end, we will have a V1.0.
And then,.....boom! sales, sales, we can spread the word and publish everywhere, more sales.

Only complaint i have is what i said before, a bit lack of communication, as we are helping him with our feedback. He needs our feedback to have a real vision of the sim, and we need just a bit of communication. It doesn't mean, he couldn't live without us or we have any right over him, i only say that take just a very little bit care of his community, those who trust in him.

iVolution

July 07, 2014, 02:12:52 PM #3 Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 02:15:45 PM by iVolution
Quote from: Warlock on July 07, 2014, 02:00:16 PM
Imo, Piboso does right not publishing a game that is not ready, i would do the same. He is getting now complaints from the forum, can you imagine that from Steam? 25000000000000000 of mails complaining about a core.exe, a wobbling front end. Something like that would kill him.
Yes thats true, although most early access games are buggy, I have not seen many game breaking bugs in them and some people just don't understand the concept of early access. I just hope that someday it will be in there so that nobody has an excuse of not knowing GPbikes and it can finally reach its full potential. Not only do I want this game to succeed, but if it really does (considering it is a niche) we might see some other studios at least trying to make a motorcycle game. For instance I really would like to see turn10 (forza series) to do something with motorcycles. Since they do a pretty good job with their car simulations, a motorcycle game could be pretty awesome. It wouldn't be anything near as realistic as Gpbikes but usually I am already happy with a lot less and having 200+ bikes as with Tourist Trophy makes up for a lot. Gpbikes won't make any difference in their decision process but at least it would help to have at least one simulator that REALLY tries to simulate do well.

Warlock

July 07, 2014, 02:36:31 PM #4 Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 02:38:51 PM by Warlock
Who knows m8, maybe someday Piboso will be a bigger company that could afford laser scanned tracks, and  licensing for tons of real bikes, his work really deserve them, Fingers crossed  :)

P.D:: Hope i dont be too old those days to ride some laps  :P  , time run fast

Vini

And then,.....boom! sales, sales, we can spread the word and publish everywhere, more sales.
::)
There is more that needs improvement for that to happen.

HornetMaX

Quote from: vin97 on July 07, 2014, 03:12:01 PM
Fix the "core.exe" / online issues and this game is good for a v1. Even beta4 without the core/online issues was good for a v1.
People want to race online with GPB: hotlapping on your own becomes quickly boring.

I'm not sure anybody really minds if the physics is definitive or not. For sure it is good enough to enjoy racing with it, most likely even since beta3.

MaX.

Klax75

I'm diggin DST now so as long as it is still there. :)

BOBR6 84

Quote from: HornetMaX on July 07, 2014, 03:37:46 PM
Quote from: vin97 on July 07, 2014, 03:12:01 PM
Fix the "core.exe" / online issues and this game is good for a v1. Even beta4 without the core/online issues was good for a v1.
People want to race online with GPB: hotlapping on your own becomes quickly boring.

I'm not sure anybody really minds if the physics is definitive or not. For sure it is good enough to enjoy racing with it, most likely even since beta3.

MaX.

thats right, i think gpbikes has to be a solid online sim racer.. doesnt need single player championships and AI if the online side works well..

my first post isnt an attack on piboso.. im just frustrated at the overall state of motorcycle games/gaming, an lack of choice these days..

obviously bike gaming is allways going to have a small comunity compared to shooters etc

one of the first motogp games to have multiplayer on xbox live had over 250,000 players now its more like 3,000.. something went wrong somewhere..

maybe because most kids these days just play COD lol

thats why i like gpbikes.. more directed to the bike enthusiast, difficult sim which you wont appriciate if you dont like bike racing etc

i loved all the bike games i played but iv grown out of the arcade style racer.. i need gpbikes to succeed lol and i want more bike games/sims to follow suit instead of the same "fast buck" releases year in year out..

HornetMaX

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on July 07, 2014, 07:40:26 PM
maybe because most kids these days just play COD lol

LOL, CoD4 and GPB are the only games I've played in the last 20 years :)

MaX.

P.S.
I've dropped CoD4 (not sure I've event started it in the last 10 months), mostly to spend more time on GPB.

CoD4 (as CS) is a wonderful example of how a game should be, if you ask the players, and how a game should NOT be, if you ask the game industry: too good, makes the players not wanting to buy any of the subsequent cod5/6/7/8/ ... Proof, they didn't make the same mistake in the subsequent CoD releases.

BOBR6 84

well... obviously you are just a big kid MaX! lol!!

same here... i wouldnt be pouring my heart out on a forum about computer games if i could move on and grow up lol  ::) ;)

ps, Battlefield for me.. COD4 was the best one.. battlefield all the way since then  :)

many kittens have just died. sorry  :D

HornetMaX

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on July 07, 2014, 08:20:41 PM
well... obviously you are just a big kid MaX! lol!!
Guess that that was already clear to anybody on this forum :)
My wife always says that she has 3 kids: a 4 years old, a 6 years old and a 40 years old.

MaX.

BOBR6 84

lol!! good stuff..  best way mate  ;)

im nearly 30.. no kids, no misses. just a race bike, a road bike, a pc, an xbox..

ohhhhh dear.. its just hit me lol  :-[

lol

iVolution

July 07, 2014, 10:28:32 PM #13 Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 10:30:12 PM by iVolution
Quote from: BOBR6 84 on July 07, 2014, 08:35:19 PM
im nearly 30.. no kids, no misses. just a race bike, a road bike, a pc, an xbox..
Being a "grown up" is like a disease, better postpone it as long as possible. I am trying to stay childish for as long as possible since that probably will keep me happier for a longer time. Although this might be harder when having kids, those dads that still possess the gift of being childish are probably the best ones. As far as I can recollect having those moments playing Grand Prix 1 with my dad on LAN were some of the better moments. I still try to snap him out of his "serious" working life but it is getting harder every year. Praise those moments that you still take the time to enjoy things that are non-constructive but fun.

Vini

CoD4 promod is/was awesome, I have also been playing it for a few years now and it's perfect for LAN parties. I also have a few videos of it on Youtube :D
It's just sad that after one year the developers didn't care anymore and let the game slowly die. I would have loved to go to a proper tournament.