• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 06:04:06 AM

Dedicated Server Help!

Started by Klax75, July 08, 2014, 07:20:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Klax75

I'm trying to restart my Dedicated server. I updated everything, update new bikes folder. new installs of GP Bikes Beta 5b. Even new profile folder. My problem is, when I move my dedicated.ini file I used in Beta 4b. And I try to connect to my own server I get Data Mismatch. Which is confusing, since I can connect everyone else's servers that have Bike MOD 1.85 also.

So I removed the dedicated.ini file from my folder the server starts up with default settings. First track in my folder, so it picks A-1 Ring. 20 minute practice and so on. I try to connect using another computer I can connect just fine. But if I put the dedicated.ini back in the folder it will launch the dedicated server with my settings and track. But if I try to connect I get data mismatch?

Now I tried to make a new dedicated.ini file, first it kept saying it was a text file. So I unhide the extensions and changed it to a ini. But when starting the server, it ignores my new dedicated.ini file and just does a default server settings. :(

Very frustrating, can't figure out what is going on.

PeterV

July 08, 2014, 04:44:04 PM #1 Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 04:58:31 PM by PeterV
you have placed the dedicated.ini in the correct location ?

"youre folder"\GP Bikes\gpbikes

Klax75

Yep I put it were it was in Beta 4b. Just that dedicated.ini causes data mismatch no clue why. And a new dedicated I make even after making it a .ini it gets ignored. :/

Arvoss

Quote from: Klax75 on July 08, 2014, 09:44:49 PM
Yep I put it were it was in Beta 4b. Just that dedicated.ini causes data mismatch no clue why. And a new dedicated I make even after making it a .ini it gets ignored. :/

Can you take a screenshot of your folder? Maybe your .ini document is a text file instead of a .ini file.

Klax75

Quote from: Arvoss on July 08, 2014, 10:06:20 PM
Quote from: Klax75 on July 08, 2014, 09:44:49 PM

Can you take a screenshot of your folder? Maybe your .ini document is a text file instead of a .ini file.

That is the file that GP Bikes will totally ignore. If I put my old Beta 4b file in it's place when ever i try to join my own server I get data mismatch. Yet I can join everyone elses. :/

Klax75

Ok, got my server running again. My computer I play on must have had the wrong version of silverstone. So I can connect now.

But still having a problem when I made a new dedicated.ini file. Even changing it to a ini file it seems to be ignored. I used one of my old ones after I figure out the track was the cause and updated it. Just can't seem to make a totally new dedicated.ini file for some reason.