• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 04:00:32 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

youtube or other tutorial video.

Started by BOBR6 84, July 24, 2014, 01:18:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOBR6 84

Hello hello

Is there a video tutorial anywhere I can watch to learn how to paint helmets? Or if same principles apply for bikes and leathers, a general paint tutorial?

A link would be great!

I dont expect anyone to describe how to do it lol. Besides I need to see how  its done really..

Thanks

girlracerTracey

It's all down to experimentation really. I started by opening up an existing helmet skin in photoshop and playing with it. Changing colours and adding decals etc. by pasting them onto the image..

Trial and error. It's pretty hard to begin with. Just do someting simple to begin with. Put your name on the back of the helmet or something like that. Just download a name image from the internet. Lettering saying "BOB" or something and try pasting it onto a helmet that you like. Then try changing colours and adding bunny rabbits and flowers like I did.. ;D But no joking apart keep it simple to begin with. Then when you gain some confidence and some technique using photoshop or similar try using some pre-prepared templates. It's teach yourself time really..

I'm sure there will be some photoshop tutorials on youtube that will help you get the hang of it.

"Midge"

BOBR6 84

"opening up an existing helmet skin in photoshop"

i dont even know how to do that..  :-[

girlracerTracey

July 24, 2014, 08:29:41 AM #3 Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 08:36:16 AM by girlracerTracey
Open the particular bike's .pnt file from its paint folder using PaintEd1.3. Isolate the file you want to edit and save it to your desktop. Say the helmet file image.

Now open up that image file using photoshop or pixbuilder or whatever image editing software you want to use..then off you go. Start playing.. but back-up the original file first!

When you are finally happy reload the helmet file into the .pnt file using PaintEd again and place the .pnt back into your bike's paint folder. Open up gpbikes and see how it looks in-game.

Bunnies are a nice addition I always think..

Hope that helps!

grT

BOBR6 84