• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

[BIKE] KTM RC8R *PHYSICS UPDATE*

Started by camillozockt, July 25, 2014, 04:19:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PeterV

August 04, 2014, 05:35:20 PM #75 Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 05:52:55 PM by PeterV
@camillo

Is there anyone trying to fix the chain? its very disturbing when riding in 3D, it seems too move from right to left (graphicly).

camillozockt

Quote from: PeterV on August 04, 2014, 05:35:20 PM
@camillo

Is there anyone trying to fix the chain? its very disturbing when riding in 3D, it seems too move from right to left (graphicly).

i noticed that too !! yeah sure !  :)

Vini

Here is a little comparison between the old and the new physics (the first part is the new physics).
As you can see, even longer and smoother powerslides are possible now.

http://www.youtube.com/v/DzRWqdGMDf8

rodney007

Quote from: vin97 on August 04, 2014, 09:07:29 PM
Here is a little comparison between the old and the new physics (the first part is the new physics).
As you can see, even longer and smoother powerslides are possible now.

http://www.youtube.com/v/DzRWqdGMDf8

;D

Wow great skill... Your power slides are very good!

The great thing is you wear your tires to much.

If you are less aggressive with the tire you can feel where it wears and get less laps from them or keep
some grip until the later stage of a race.

Make some more videos please!

JamoZ

Ok, i have tried the update and i must say i`m impressed. You managed to eliminate the wheelie & wobble problem for the full 100%, amazing. But..yes there is always a but, i have the feeling the bike is to forgiving at the moment. There is no more flexing in the chassis it seems and it feels like the suspension absorbs every bump there is to absorb without unsettling the bike at all. The sliding is fun yes, but at no point am i challenged to use the full range of my abilities on this bike. It`s a very easy to pick up and ride bike, but i was wondering if that was the idea behind having a STK class?

Vini

Well, you forget that you have been playing the game for a while, you should not be struggling with riding this bike :D
In my opinion the bike is perfect.
On which track did you test the bike? About which bumps are you talking about? You don't see the bikes in MotoGP wobbling even if there are tiny bumps.
The only point where I don't feel challanged enough is the power. I think that it should not be possible to go full throttle in second gear and not flip the bike.

HornetMaX

Quote from: JamoZ on August 04, 2014, 10:46:45 PM
There is no more flexing in the chassis it seems
Uh ? GPB has never had any sort of chassis flexibility.

MaX.

JamoZ

The bike seems more stiff, whatever..i don`t care. Leave me alone!  :'(

I am very emotional after today...

Warlock

rodney007

Quote from: JamoZ on August 04, 2014, 10:46:45 PM
Ok, i have tried the update and i must say i`m impressed. You managed to eliminate the wheelie & wobble problem for the full 100%, amazing. But..yes there is always a but, i have the feeling the bike is to forgiving at the moment. There is no more flexing in the chassis it seems and it feels like the suspension absorbs every bump there is to absorb without unsettling the bike at all. The sliding is fun yes, but at no point am i challenged to use the full range of my abilities on this bike. It`s a very easy to pick up and ride bike, but i was wondering if that was the idea behind having a STK class?

Quotebut at no point am i challenged to use the full range of my abilities on this bike
I understand, IMO (<--- that means in my own opinion) harder is not better all the time.

I use a Logitech G25 wheel with force feedback, Although visually there is much less wobble the feedback travels through the wheel so even though you cant see it. Unfortunately there is still something that exists but yes it is much much less.

Thanks for the feedback and can relate to your comments. Feel free to offer a recommendation that I can work on and send you some files to test.

Quote from: JamoZ on August 04, 2014, 11:06:48 PM

We are all recovering ...  :'(  ;D

HornetMaX

Quote from: JamoZ on August 04, 2014, 11:06:48 PM

That's what you get when you tell the world you only come here to troll me  ;D

More seriously, chassis flexibility (mostly fork and swing arm lateral bending) may be interesting to have in GPB: they do play a role at high lean angles.

MaX.

Vini

Hmm, the feeling of a flexing chassis and it's effect on the handling of the bike will be very hard to implement in a game.

capeta

Very nice physics i like it very much !
Whobble aren't gone to 100/100.Front handling is very good.
But i don't like the sound of the bike.
When falling time is reduced :)

rodney007

Quote from: vin97 on August 04, 2014, 11:38:51 PM
Hmm, the feeling of a flexing chassis and it's effect on the handling of the bike will be very hard to implement in a game.

That's what I was thinking.

As we can only feel so much compared to real as well. Certain handling traits given through the bike in real life
we unfortunately will never be able to simulate (or could we :-)?).

MaX lets get technical :-)!

Vini

Maybe if we mod an electrical massage chair :D