• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Race/trackday/road pics.. lets see em!!

Started by BOBR6 84, August 21, 2014, 08:40:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOBR6 84

lol yes  :D i wondered what you meant for a second because i only see the first pic for some reason?  ???

matty0l215

Quite the racing family you've got there Bob   :P
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

BOBR6 84

Quote from: matty0l215 on December 10, 2014, 11:01:14 AM

triplets lol  ;D

6 of us race.. the one in the pics has a good chance of a career with it! the rest of us its purely for fun! 30 soon..  :(

matty0l215

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on December 10, 2014, 11:21:49 AM
Quote from: matty0l215 on December 10, 2014, 11:01:14 AM

triplets lol  ;D

6 of us race.. the one in the pics has a good chance of a career with it! the rest of us its purely for fun! 30 soon..  :(
Bloody hell!

Id love to have a dedicated track bike (even race it) but work doesn't allow me the time or the money  :(

BOBR6 84

stuff im doing is dirt cheap matty! old pre-injection R6.. iv binned the bike a few times now.. ebay is my best friend lol

sometimes i do a race weekend, pack up sunday evening.. get home, unload the van and go straight to work for 10hrs  :'(

it sucks but its 100% worth it.  ;)

matty0l215

Haha sound like a laugh. I know a couple of people who race sv650s and i rode one for 2 years so thats looking like my first bike (2k for a race ready bike, parts are dirt cheap and ive got acess to machinery to make parts if nesecerry ;) )

EdouardB

December 10, 2014, 01:34:40 PM #66 Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 01:43:37 PM by EdouardB
BOBR6 makes a good point.

A lot of people think you need tons of money to start riding on racetracks but to be honest if you really try you can do it for a "reasonable" amount of money.

For example, just like Bob, my bike is an old (2003) Yamaha R6 that I bought used in 2009.
The preparation of the bike includes:
- A race fairing
- 1 tooth shorter pinion
- Steel braided brake lines,
- Tyres

That's it. No special exhaust, nothing. I don't have tyre warmers, I don't have anything fancy. I have an 800€ trailer (I could have bought one cheaper but this one is high quality and super practical, I can do everything alone, so it's a good investment for the next 2 decades), a few other things (battery charger, jerrican and a 70€ toolkit) and that's all. I pull my trailer using a fricking peugeot 206 with 100 000km on it. I've seen people at the racetrack pulling their trailer with an old Renault twingo for god's sake.
I store my bike in my grandmother's garage and I sleep in a tent on the racetracks. My bike has no insurrance like most track bikes.

A lot of times I see people with more money than me who say "I don't have the money for it". Yeah right.

Of course I'm not judging you matty, maybe you really don't have the money, but don't overestimate the money needed like a lot of people do. A lot of people think you need a BMW S1000RR, a power commander, a shifter, tyre warmers, a truck with prostitutes in it (ok, maybe not) but you really don't.

And also, doing this is a choice. I'm not saving any money right now every month because I spend it riding.

matty0l215

None taken mate.

When ive only had 4 propper months work in the last 8 moneys tight :P (new job now and its looking very stable. Bloody construction industry)

It will happen in 2015 sooner rather than later and it will probably be an SV (love my V twin).

EdouardB

In good hands, the SV can be really fast, it's a really good bike to start I think...

matty0l215

Quote from: EdouardB on December 10, 2014, 03:52:10 PM
In good hands, the SV can be really fast, it's a really good bike to start I think...

Got my eye on minitwin racong (little brother to supertwins) the bikes are about 85% standered. And it seems a very freindly leuge

BOBR6 84

Sounds great matty!  ;)

Get your mates involved too! I chip in on most things with my housemates.. Much cheaper! Van, gazeebo, generator (needed for tracks with no power source, for tyre warmers and of course the most important piece of equipment.. The kettle!)

You dont ''need'' tyre warmers but its recomended! That way its safer to get ''onit'' straight away! Once the flag drops, nobody takes it steady lol.

On trackdays you dont want to waste time/laps warming your tyres..

I use biketeck warmers.. £120

Biggest cost is getting started but it can be done cheaply as Edouard said.. Just gradually gain all the kit.. After that you will have bags of fun! Scary moments too! ;)

matty0l215

Actually racing is very far off for me :P

I've only been riding for 4 years now (only 3 on anything with real power). A few hundred trackdays need to be done first :P

My closest track is Snetterton and then its Cadwell or Silverstone (yay me for living in arse end nowhere :D )

BOBR6 84

I wouldnt worry about that... Some guys I race with are so slow and incompetent you have to wonder if they've ever ridden a bike before lol!!

Nobody cares... We're all having fun riding bikes! Club racing is open to anybody..

To get your novice race license now you have to do an on-track test! So if you pass that you are good to go.. I heard its easy.. Just display basic bike control and dont crash lol.

With 4 years experience you would pass easily!

BOBR6 84

December 11, 2014, 01:41:51 AM #73 Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 01:44:53 AM by BOBR6 84
Lad in the pics is doing the super prestigio flat track this weekend!!! Il post a livestream link when I get home.. its on BT sport too I think.. #79

teeds

A couple of pics from a track day earlier this year at Snetterton on the 300 circuit.

And a pic from Wildtracks MX track in Redlodge

And an action shot on some random bit of dirt near Theford, many many moons ago -

It was real cold that day. I wanna do that in MXbikes  ;)