• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:38:48 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Race/trackday/road pics.. lets see em!!

Started by BOBR6 84, August 21, 2014, 08:40:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vini

Nice pic.!

I can't wait to go to the Nordschleife with my RGV 250.

Warlock

EdouardB

Great pic Bob! I thought the R6 you were racing would be a 2008+ model, on this picture it looks more like a 2001/2002 R6 :P I don't blame you, my R6 is a 2003 model because I'm on a tight budget (the 250 is not mine).

EdouardB

What rear tyre are you using Bob? Pirelli? It looks narrower than my Dunlops

teeds

Sweet pics guys, like the colours Bob, black, black and more black  ;D

BOBR6 84

Cheers, yeah its the pre-injection 2001.. real PITA but parts etc are cheap! tyres are pirelli Sc sp i chucked on for the trackday.. They look really small compared to the SC's 180/55 SC0 is 180/60 loads better  :D

C21

Why PITA?
Mine is a 2000 model with 2003 race fairing and some YEC Kit bits. (Loved to race it 2002 and 2004)
Suspension+Frame is more forgiving then the 2008+ model.
Not the best in horsepower but still fun to ride.......until you get on a 250cc production racer (raced in 2007  :) :D ;D :-*).... ;D
After this experience the so called "superpsport bikes" are........xxxx. 8)
# Member of the CAWS Racing Team #

Hawk

BOBR6 84

Quote from: C21 on June 23, 2015, 11:11:02 AM
Why PITA?
Mine is a 2000 model with 2003 race fairing and some YEC Kit bits. (Loved to race it 2002 and 2004)
Suspension+Frame is more forgiving then the 2008+ model.
Not the best in horsepower but still fun to ride.......until you get on a 250cc production racer (raced in 2007  :) :D ;D :-*).... ;D
After this experience the so called "superpsport bikes" are........xxxx. 8)

It's just taken a while to get it running sweet.. seems pretty good now tho and you are right, its fun to ride  ;D love to race a newer model but with this bike its alot cheaper.. few of my mates are in the same races so its just a good crack  ;)

Been pestering a guy i know to let me try his 250 but the answer is always no lol  :'( looks alot of fun and faaaaast!  :o

EdouardB

I tried the 2008 R6 once and I loved it. However I don't think the difference with my 2003 bike is enough to justify paying for the difference... Personally I am waiting for a revamp of the R6 but it could take a while... And after that I'll have to wait a year or two to buy a used one... This is going to take a while I don't know what to do :-P

EdouardB

If one of you guys ever come to France tell me and we can do an old Yamaha R6 shootout lol

Patrick

I've got the oldest "R6" of you all I think... ::)

EdouardB

Niiiice! Going old school pre-R1 revolution style :P
Hey you got the same brakes as us at least :D

Hawk

Nice pic Patrick!  ;D 8)

Great pics from you guys lately..... It's great to see..... Keep em coming!  ;D

Hawk.

EdouardB

Quote from: Hawk UK on June 23, 2015, 05:46:27 PM
Great pics from you guys lately..... It's great to see..... Keep em coming!  ;D

OK.

Here is my 63 year old dad riding last Monday on his 0W01 - proud of him.

And here's me on my R6 (the fairing is white this year):