• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:41:05 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Race/trackday/road pics.. lets see em!!

Started by BOBR6 84, August 21, 2014, 08:40:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boerenlater

Quote from: Meyer#12 on April 23, 2016, 08:32:34 PM
Quote from: C21 on April 23, 2016, 08:00:09 PM
@Meyer
Not sure if picture is showing, not showing on my PC, here is link
https://www.facebook.com/186025898105608/photos/pb.186025898105608.-2207520000.1461412027./404016512973211/?type=3&theater
Ah, the typical Nordgren RAcing colors  :)

@BOBR6 84
Nice RJ03....still reminds me on my old track bike which is now rebuild for street use  8)

Yep, Nordgren Racing will always have a big spot in my heart, i raced with them since 2009 when i moved from Minimoto and NSF100 to 125GP, the team manager have supported me ever since, doing everything he could to help me be on top wether it was giving me good material (some very cool stuff he had for me!) or the support and teaching i needed, without him my Wildcard at Valencia 2011 in 125GP last ever world championship race would not have been possible. Beside that he helped me to a lot of great moments and taught me so much, so that is why i have always had the Nordgren Racing colors in this game too :)

I am sure that anytime i would come ask for a bike, he would deliver just what i need and would do it at a very nice price just to help me. We need more people like him in racing, he didn't care about money, all that mattered for him was to see young people improve and learn from working with the team and competing on his bikes. He didn't care about wins or anything, as long as he could see progression and his team was happy. THAT IS A TRUE TEAM MANAGER! it surely helps riders feel comfortable and helps them be calm on track :)
Awesome you rode actually at a world level!
I did check the results and you weren't even last in the q on that level.  That's great as a wildcard.

Is the racing dream still alive or did you give up? I remember you telling you couldn't afford it anymore.
I stopped gaming (and GP-Bikes)

Meyer#12

Quote from: Boerenlater on April 25, 2016, 09:04:05 AM
Quote from: Meyer#12 on April 23, 2016, 08:32:34 PM
Quote from: C21 on April 23, 2016, 08:00:09 PM
@Meyer
Not sure if picture is showing, not showing on my PC, here is link
https://www.facebook.com/186025898105608/photos/pb.186025898105608.-2207520000.1461412027./404016512973211/?type=3&theater
Ah, the typical Nordgren RAcing colors  :)

@BOBR6 84
Nice RJ03....still reminds me on my old track bike which is now rebuild for street use  8)

Yep, Nordgren Racing will always have a big spot in my heart, i raced with them since 2009 when i moved from Minimoto and NSF100 to 125GP, the team manager have supported me ever since, doing everything he could to help me be on top wether it was giving me good material (some very cool stuff he had for me!) or the support and teaching i needed, without him my Wildcard at Valencia 2011 in 125GP last ever world championship race would not have been possible. Beside that he helped me to a lot of great moments and taught me so much, so that is why i have always had the Nordgren Racing colors in this game too :)

I am sure that anytime i would come ask for a bike, he would deliver just what i need and would do it at a very nice price just to help me. We need more people like him in racing, he didn't care about money, all that mattered for him was to see young people improve and learn from working with the team and competing on his bikes. He didn't care about wins or anything, as long as he could see progression and his team was happy. THAT IS A TRUE TEAM MANAGER! it surely helps riders feel comfortable and helps them be calm on track :)
Awesome you rode actually at a world level!
I did check the results and you weren't even last in the q on that level.  That's great as a wildcard.

Is the racing dream still alive or did you give up? I remember you telling you couldn't afford it anymore.

Had very difficult weekend, was actually within QP pace, but last 3min 3 riders changed to slicks on a very tricky conditions and improved laptimes by more than 2 sec (Webb and louis Rossi at least).

Had a new tailor made suit that was too tight in FP1 so changed to the old one to get my feeling back, had an all new bike with different setup but a VERY nice engine, never got 2 outings in same weather, wet in FP1, had a crash, a lot of rain in FP2, had a bad highsider out of turn 1 (video is on MotoGP.com) dry FP3 and then drying track with wet tyres in QP.

Well bad excuses, in fact i just never found the rhythm and wasn't fast enough to qualify as it was also first time on the track.

I learnt a lot and is quite sure i would have qualified for race if i had a full dry weekend, but who knows, those guys are crazy!!

And the british commentators mentioned me and said it was cool to see nordic rider and see how much i improved every single practice, so that is at least positive :)

Yeah money is the problem, but i want to get back as soon as i have the money, maybe just little testing next year, HOPEFULLY!!
Meyer#12

Napalm Nick

Well as we discussed before as soon as I have finished raising the cash you will be back in there.

But maybe this is another marketing opportunity for PiBoSo to leap upon.......a game endorsement by an official Moto3 GP rider ?

Come on Mr P! Negotiate some terms!  I might even waiver my agent fee.  ;)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Meyer#12

Haha sounds good mate!

Haha 125GP wildcard in Valencia 2011, last ever 125GP world championship race, 125GP and Moto3 European championship participant and Nordic champion 125GP 2011 and 125GP/Moto3 in 2012-2014. If that can help ;)

And more will come as soon as i am back (HOPEFULLY!)

And as i have said before, this is the closest i get to racing and it sure helps a lot being able to race here, when i can't race real life. Milestone games doesn't give me anything racewise, it is fun once in a while, but this gives me a bit of the same kick as real life racing :)
Meyer#12

Napalm Nick

To be honest Meyer,

in that last post your words are absolute Gold-dust for a game like this.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Meyer#12

And the modt important is, that it is true words :)
Meyer#12

Boerenlater

Is this game really comparable to real life on a track?? I have no idea I ride only on public road.

Meyer#12

It is not comparable with a controller like that, but it is by far the game that comes closest and racing here, gives me a bit of the kick i also get from real racing. Not the feeling of riding a bike, but the nerves and the focus i need to compete in a 20lap race. For me it is more than judt a game, it is my racing right now when i can't afford real life racing :)
Meyer#12

Meyer#12

Just a little fun link Matty found, totally forgot about this :D

https://youtu.be/NTqQaXtWeLA

Just to show how serious i am  ::)

Before Valencia wildcard i did at least 200+ laps in MotoGP 09/10 with a Honda 125GP to make sure i had the track in my head, also decided to do it on a playground bike as you see in the linked video haha

Thanks for the reminder Matty!
Meyer#12

C21

Is this game really comparable to real life on a track?? I have no idea I ride only on public road.
To be honest....No. :-[
Real life is much more thrilling and exhausting.  8)

But as Meyer said it is the closest Racing Motorcycle Simulator right now.  ;D
You "get a feel" how real life racing will be.

And the good thing: No broken bones and bikes when crashing  ;)
# Member of the CAWS Racing Team #

Meyer#12

Quote from: C21 on April 25, 2016, 11:53:18 AM
To be honest....No. :-[
Real life is much more thrilling and exhausting.  8)

But as Meyer said it is the closest Racing Motorcycle Simulator right now.  ;D
You "get a feel" how real life racing will be.

And the good thing: No broken bones and bikes when crashing  ;)

Exactly!

But hey! I would risk broken bones and bikes any day compared to sitting in front of a PC playing!
Meyer#12

C21

April 25, 2016, 01:28:08 PM #296 Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 01:36:42 PM by C21
QuoteExactly!

But hey! I would risk broken bones and bikes any day compared to sitting in front of a PC playing!

+1 The PC can´t replace reality  ;)
# Member of the CAWS Racing Team #

Boerenlater

Napalm Nick

Meyer#12

Meyer#12