• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:27:14 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Race/trackday/road pics.. lets see em!!

Started by BOBR6 84, August 21, 2014, 08:40:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

matty0l215

New colour scheme or staying with the Petronas Green?
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

BOBR6 84

Quote from: matty0l215 on November 02, 2016, 08:57:39 PM

last year and for 1 round this year  ::)  i went black! and you know what they say??  ;D  ;D

lol. No im really not sure yet.. hey im open to idea's and designs  :) ;)

Warlock

matty0l215

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on November 02, 2016, 09:06:29 PM
Quote from: matty0l215 on November 02, 2016, 08:57:39 PM
lol. No im really not sure yet.. hey im open to idea's and designs  :) ;)

or

tchemi

November 03, 2016, 10:47:26 AM #364 Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 11:02:57 AM by tchemi
Hey guys !

As the title contains "road pics" and because I have not any pics of me during my trackdays sessions (I have no friends  :'( ) I think I can show pictures of bikes.

So, Here is my first one, a 650 Bandit. I kept her for 6 years and sold it recently to friend of mine. It still runs good, 80 000 km and still making a big f**king noise that makes the head turns.
Here it is during a rest on my first road trip with friends a few years ago.

It has welcomed her little sister 2 years ago.

Now you understand my avatar, I hope ^^
I'm not a profesional photographer, as you can see, and I have almost no good pics of this beauty. Plus I sold it very quicly and didn't had the time to take nice pics :'(

Little bandit had a crash (because of a morron taxi driver) and had to be fixed. I healed her with love and attention :)

Almost done with repairs. It took me 1 month. I was not urged, as I had an other ride, and what took me the most time was the gauges wiring.

That's the last pic of her I have, the day I sold her to my friend

And the last pic I have of my beauty before I sold her. Because yes, I sold my 2 bikes...

... to buy a brand new one.

So, here is the SUV, during a road trip in october. If you want to see the album of this 4days road-trip...
http://imgur.com/a/fFTaB

Yes, this is not the kind of bike that makes you thrill but it's powerfull, full of electronics aids, very practical, comfortable and it cost nothing in insurance compared to a ducati.

Ho... I forgot, this one is kinda special because it doesn't run. I am making a cafra, based on a GL1100, but shhhhh, this is a secret project.

matty0l215

Very nice tchemi. All pics welcome here mate :D

Shame you sold the Ducati but the Tracer is a nice bike im sure :P

900 or the 700cc?

BOBR6 84

tchemi

November 04, 2016, 10:01:27 AM #367 Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 10:10:04 AM by tchemi
Quote from: matty0l215 on November 03, 2016, 06:34:36 PM
900 or the 700cc?

This is the 900 one. 126 hp  8) ;D
I sold my bikes because it was very expensive in insurance (and because GF left me and took her salary with her luggages). I don't know how it is in your respective countries but here for me, I used to paid 160€ per month for the Bandit and the Ducat'. With the tracer, I pay 65€ per month for a full insurance.

Also, I kept her only one year. My goal was to have this bike because it was for me the most beautiful naked bike on the market and it was my "dream bike" when it came out. Also, I made only 2 road trips with it and one trackday in a year. The rest of the time, it is a pain in the ass to ride in trafic jams and in city (I live near Paris). I had very good time with it but it was time to change.
I sold both my bikes in 2 days. I think this was a good operation and I sold it a good price before it get too much devaluated.

The tracer is like a SUV. Not very good in one particular domain but very multipurpose.
I did track with it and it's pretty good. The suspensions need to be tuned to the most stiffness possible, and it still react like a boat. The brake feeling is awesome, the power is good and the gearbox is so long that I only need 2nd and 3rd gear most of the time. (only pass the 4th in straight lines to get a 200-205 km/h).

But it is also very good to swallow kilometers of tarmac. During my last trips with my friends, I was cruising at 180 km/h... protected behind the wind-shield, grip-heating set to level 2, my ass well embeded in the comfort seat and the radar detector in front of me, plug in the 12v port  ;D You can clearly ride all day long with it and it is not ridiculous when you need to go fast ^^

I have it since august this year and I already did 6800 km with it. So yes, that's a good bike and I could never ride that much with a ducati, for sure.

Woa... I wrote that much ?!!

matty0l215

Quote from: tchemi on November 04, 2016, 10:01:27 AM
Quote from: matty0l215 on November 03, 2016, 06:34:36 PM
900 or the 700cc?

This is the 900 one. 126 hp  8) ;D
I sold my bikes because it was very expensive in insurance (and because GF left me and took her salary with her luggages). I don't know how it is in your respective countries but here for me, I used to paid 160€ per month for the Bandit and the Ducat'. With the tracer, I pay 65€ per month for a full insurance.

I pay £760 a year for just my Daytona (the red one further up the thread) which would be around €75 a month.

Having a sporty bike is very nice but I know what you mean, I would like something that I could plod around on more often. Saying that, Touring on the Triumph is a breeze. It's very comfortable (6 hour day and I felt fine once we got off the bikes) Having done 1500 miles around Italy/Switzerland on my old Daytona, I'd happily take it again and the new one is even more comfortable.

Have fun and stay safe :D

tchemi

November 21, 2016, 09:58:11 AM #369 Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 10:00:30 AM by tchemi
Thanks Matty ! ride safe too ;)
I like the grey paint of your daytona !

Here is a little update of my project... Now I understand why the engine was blocked ^^

http://imgur.com/a/eTKIu

Reactive

November 21, 2016, 11:08:35 AM #370 Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 11:10:00 PM by Reactive
 8) May be our last trip in this year, 420 km to the south. Yami on the coast of Black sea:

Excuse my English, its not my native.
Ryzen7 1800x / Aorus GA-AX370 Gaming K7 / Hynix 16Gb x2 2993MHz / Samsung 960PRO 512 M.2 / nVidia GTX1060 6Gb / Windows 10 pro x64

Boerenlater

Riding around the Black Sea region must be beautiful.
I stopped gaming (and GP-Bikes)

Reactive

Coastal roads are always beautiful everywhere  ;)
Excuse my English, its not my native.
Ryzen7 1800x / Aorus GA-AX370 Gaming K7 / Hynix 16Gb x2 2993MHz / Samsung 960PRO 512 M.2 / nVidia GTX1060 6Gb / Windows 10 pro x64

tchemi

Grooveski

My wee baby.
It's an old pic.
The bike's got greener over the years..
I've got greyer.   :P