• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 12:23:32 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Race/trackday/road pics.. lets see em!!

Started by BOBR6 84, August 21, 2014, 08:40:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alone

Congratulations Meyer!!! Fantastic work mate!!

Meyer#12

August 19, 2017, 04:03:08 PM #571 Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 04:04:54 PM by Meyer#12
Quote from: Hawk on August 19, 2017, 12:59:44 PM
WINNER! FANTASTIC!  ;D ;D
Well done indeed Meyer, proud of you mate! GREAT JOB! ;D ;D 8)

What happened on the initial start before they red flagged the race; lap 3 I think it was? Did matey(#1) crash? It looked like he was pushing really hard at the time, maybe too hard.

Hawk.

Yeah William Svärd crashed in a pretty fast place and landed in the wall. He didn't move and he have been taking to hospital for check up and he had some trouble breathing. Haven't heard from him or the guy with him since, so hopefully he will be fine.

And thanks a lot guys!!! Was a wonderful comeback! Didn't have to push too hard and felt really comfortable back on the bike. Still 1 sec off my own PB from 2012 (47,6s) so a bit more to come if needed ;)

Edit: William Svärd, Daniel Persson and Daniel Plakidis is also from same team.

Daniel is leading championship but had a half-seize of his engine and crashed because it locked the rear (2-stroke).
Meyer#12

Napalm Nick

August 19, 2017, 05:53:31 PM #572 Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 06:50:47 PM by Napalm Nick
Well all the best to the poor lad lets hope nothing too serious.

I am extremely happy for your win Meyer dood i have been grinning all day!
Is there a Race 2 to come?

Edit: ah yes same schedule for tomorrow good luck!
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Warlock

Joeski

Life's not a dress rehearsal, you only get one lap; why not make it a good one?

Meyer#12

Short info, more will come after work.

Race got cancelled at sunday due to Heavy rain and oil on the track and BIG crash in 600cc before we had to go out.

So to sum up the weekend in.

Friday: good day with 3 practices of 20min to get back into riding.

Saturday: qualified 4th, pretty happy, felt like i had a little more pace but was on quite old tyres and race was just perfect after the restart and i won doing steady, but not quick, wasn't pushing at all since it was low paced race from the rest.

Sunday: Qualifying was with wet tyres on drying track, had it been world championship i would have went out on slicks, was not going strategic as i thought it would be more worth it getting more fast laps in than saving tyres and slam in a few good laps at the end. Qualified 4th.

No race sunday due to the big crash and oil on track. 
Meyer#12

Warlock

Good job Meyer  :)

Hope the best for future racing m8, and some luck with sponsors , every rider needs money!

Boerenlater

During the time you were forced to abstain from racing, how much of a help was GP Bikes in preserving your skills?
I stopped gaming (and GP-Bikes)

Meyer#12

Quote from: Boerenlater on August 22, 2017, 08:37:15 AM
During the time you were forced to abstain from racing, how much of a help was GP Bikes in preserving your skills?

Actually not too much of a help in the riding. You of course keep lines fresh, but beside that, it is two very different things. Using a controller can't really keep the way you have to use your body and the "braveness" to brake late and open throttle early in the body.

The thing GPB have helped me with it keeping a few of the abstinences at bay, but beside that nothing can compare to actually riding the bike :)
Meyer#12

Joeski

Quote from: Meyer#12 on August 22, 2017, 04:00:11 PM
Quote from: Boerenlater on August 22, 2017, 08:37:15 AM

Actually not too much of a help in the riding. You of course keep lines fresh, but beside that, it is two very different things. Using a controller can't really keep the way you have to use your body and the "braveness" to brake late and open throttle early in the body.

The thing GPB have helped me with it keeping a few of the abstinences at bay, but beside that nothing can compare to actually riding the bike :)

Just to add to this...I imagine car simulators are quite effective for training/learning as the driver is in a fixed position and you just need to replicate the moving parts - steering wheel, pedals, shifter etc in order to recreate a relatively realistic experience. With a motorbike sim you can replicate the same controls, however like Meyer says, a massive factor in controlling a motorbike is how you move around on the bike, and how far your brain will allow you to push to the limits...so other things come into play such as rider fitness/size/limberness etc.

I think the only place where GPB will help in that respect is learning a new track and which way to leave the pits lol

Joeski

I was down at Donington the other day for a cheeky trackday...not the best of days as my oil filter blew off causing me to miss half the sessions replacing tyres and generally sorting the bike out to run again, so by the time I got back out on track it was the end of the day. Pretty gutted as i'd been looking forward to working on suspension settings as well as sorting out some body positioning, but none of that happened due to missed tracktime but hey ho that's one of the joy of bikes, right? Shaved a couple of seconds off my best from 2012 but I was really hoping to be down in the low 40's before the day started. Anyway, thought you might like to see one of my half decent laps in the last session, there's plenty of places to pick up time so I'm twitching to get back there!

http://www.youtube.com/v/CC8QJsOguhg&feature

Hawk

Nice riding Joeski, looks great fun! Love Donington!  ;D 8)

Napalm Nick

"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

tchemi

Warlock