• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 02:07:00 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

DST Handle Bars on a banking.

Started by Klax75, August 21, 2014, 10:36:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Klax75

August 21, 2014, 10:36:03 AM Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 12:02:10 PM by Klax75
This isn't really a bug, but wasn't sure where to post it. When using DST the handle bars will turn left or right when your spawn in. Once you start moving they will center up, which is fine. But on a track that has any kind of banking or camper. The handle bars will turn in towards the bottom of the banking and you can't move them to the other side at all. So if the banking is going left, they will stay left and I can't move them to the right so it will steer me off track. Only way I've found to help this is walking the bike backwards so I can get the bike facing more towards the track. Then once I get going hopefully they straighten out quick enough.

Tracks like Laguna Seca it gets hard since a lot of the track has slight banking to it. And it will want to steer you off track once you respawn the bike.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Klax75 on August 21, 2014, 10:36:03 AM
But on a track that has any kind of banking or camper. The handle bars will turn in towards the bottom of the banking and you can't move them to the other side at all.
Wow, sounds like a bug ... small video ?

MaX.

P.S.
We all love tracks with "any kind of camper" :) :)

Klax75

Might be hard to show in a video. Since with DST the handle bars will steer left or right on there own when you first spawn in when standing still. I'm not sure how I could show I am trying to move them.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Klax75 on August 21, 2014, 12:04:21 PM
Might be hard to show in a video. Since with DST the handle bars will steer left or right on there own when you first spawn in when standing still. I'm not sure how I could show I am trying to move them.
Have somebody filming you with a smartphone,, having screen and joypad captured.
But them, it's probably easier if I try it myself or, even easier, if I just trust you.

Sounds like a bug. There may be a valid reason for it (bike at stop, the tire model has some technicalities to deal with).
Was it the case in previous betas ?

MaX.

Klax75

The handle bars have always fallen to one side or another when standing still. But in Beta 4/4b I was never on a track that had a lot of noticeable camper to be able to tell if it did it then too. I am assuming they did the same thing in Beta 4/4b with a camper track surface. Between the two beta's DST feels the same, just tire grip while leaning is different.

When standing still the handle bars will go to one side or another they won't center, but let's say if I want to move them right, they will turn left. Once I start moving they will turn right when I push right. Until I get a high lean angle then I will have to turn them left while making a right turn so I don't fall over.

HornetMaX

Yes, the fact the fall left or right (or that they won't center at rest) is not a bug, but the fact you can't move them it probably is.

Quote from: Klax75 on August 21, 2014, 12:20:53 PM
The handle bars have always fallen to one side or another when standing still. But in Beta 4/4b I was never on a track that had a lot of noticeable camper

You mean camber, right ?

MaX.

Klax75

Ian

MaxHUD will show you are moving your controller

HornetMaX

Quote from: Ian on August 21, 2014, 12:55:38 PM
MaxHUD will show you are moving your controller
Not for steering.

MaX.

BOBR6 84

Think this happens without DST aswell.. Laguna seca is a pain to get moving after a crash.. Bars move with the camber even though im steering the opposite way.. Il double check this though!

HornetMaX

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on August 21, 2014, 10:05:18 PM
Think this happens without DST aswell.. Laguna seca is a pain to get moving after a crash.. Bars move with the camber even though im steering the opposite way.. Il double check this though!
That's right, respawning on a banked section is a pain without DST, it has always been like that.
But the fact you can't move the handlebars with DST is really really suspect.

MaX.