• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 05:24:56 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

De Angelis to join Team Tasca next season

Started by SwarleyRuiz, November 05, 2013, 09:17:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwarleyRuiz

Team Tasca has announced the signing of Alex de Angelis for the 2014 Moto2™ World Championship season. The San Marino rider will bring hoards of experience, having started 229 Grands Prix and collected 40 podium finishes.

Having made his World Championship debut in 1999, de Angelis has spent stints in all categories including the premier class in which he finished on the podium at Indianapolis in 2009. Between the lightweight and intermediate tiers, he has achieved top five championship classifications five times.

"My best year in Moto2™ was the one in which I was the only rider in my team," says de Angelis, who will celebrate his 30th birthday in February, referring to his JIR Moto2 campaign of 2011 in which he finished fourth overall. "Tasca is made up of plenty of people I trust and I am delighted to have been offered this opportunity. I believe I now have a new chance to prove myself at the highest level."

On top of his 40 career podium finishes, de Angelis has enjoyed four Grand Prix victories, 11 pole positions and 18 race fastest laps between 2002 and 2013.

Source: http://www.motogp.com/en/
I use the google translator

Youtube: SwarleyRuiz Video of Games Racing.