• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 01:05:08 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

what pressures for track?

Started by yoshimura, August 31, 2014, 07:20:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yoshimura

hello,

In the simulation, I have noticed, for the category, 600/800, the pressure are limited to 1.60 bar, here is an article for tire pressure track.

So what pressures for track?

Everyone answers this question by 2.1 bar front and 1.9 rear. These figures are good core values, yes, but for the true track tires (see definition above)! Not for road tires, as they sport either.
In fact the optimal tire grip is achieved when in its ideal temperature range (call it ITP) and its range Ideal Pressure (call it PPI).
- The PTI gum and because a little too cold will be malleable (which will keep it well marry Grain bitumen) and therefore adhere poorly, and becaufe too hot it will lose elasticity (it will then rip through the grains of bitumen ) and therefore adhere poorly. Note: we forced (and therefore heated) tire accelerating and braking. Much more than zigzagging. We must savor the PTI varies with the type of tire: it is more sporty and it is designed to accept high stress and high PTI. MotoGP slicks can go up to 130 degrees!
- The PPI becaufe pressure plays on the stiffness of the tire. By decreasing it becomes less rigid and more carcass works. Then the tire heats up, is faster to temperature. This increased temperature warms and the air pressure again gain. Track with cold low-pressure tires the bike is heavy and imprecise to swing again becomes enjoyable and safe once the tires up to temperature. The pressure also greatly influences on the gum surface in contact with the ground and therefore the adhesion.

"- It not tell me how it works ..." There, there! A tire is provided for a temperature range. More tire is forced, the more it heats up. Track more you drive, the more it heats the tires: it is possible to climb to 80 degrees! It was so quick to get out of the PTI touring tire with pressure too low. The contact surface of the ground can be good, if the Gommard overheating, it slides! The temperature is higher than the ground contact surface of a tire.
This is why a tire Sport-GT (PTI wide but not high) will do better with its original pressure that pressure track. Hypersport a tire will perform better with intermediate pressures (2,3av / 2,3ar). After be refined according to his feeling and level: if we train dick there is no risk of overheating its gommards even 2.1 / 1.9! But when we begin to spread, the situation changes.
My cousin (pistard level confirmed) made ​​the experience: with 2.1 / 1.9 in very sport tires (but drive anyway) he slipped and was not confident. It was during a day and a FFM Bridgestone engineer blew him a higher pressure. Hey ben 2,3 / 2,2 the bike felt better! Since heating less tires stayed in their ideal temperature range.

In summary. If you're traines so that mosquitoes crashing at your back you have the right to pressure you want. Otherwise Hypersport or wrong tire track tire, puts intermediate pressures. And if you're in Sport-GT, let the pressures of origin.

"- And then the real tire track?" The pressure of 2.1 bar to 1.9 bar and the front to the rear are good values ​​to a base by spring track tire temperature. They can be affected by changes in temperature, with cold pressures higher limit for heating (eg 2,2av / 2,0ar above 30 °) and back to cold (eg 2,0av / 1 8AR below 10 °).
But to overheat a tire track, you still have to go! When you have a true level (pilot, competition etc) there is less concern of ITP tires are adapted to its use, not vice versa. And because the tire overheating is not a problem, then it is desired to maximize adhesion to the ground contacting surface. Cold pressing is no longer a tool for limiting the heater, but to compensate for the pressure test in action, which can range from 200g to 1 kg ...! This growing pressure may vary for several reasons:
- The cold pressure, which affects the work of the tire.
- Conduct, eh, the more you attack, the more the tire heats and won under pressure.
- The rigidity of suspensions, playing on the work of the carcass. Too firm tires heat up more, earn more pressure.
- The basis of the bike (front or rear) that affects the tire work.
- The structure of the tire carcass etc. MotoGP tires are extremely rigid frame (which makes them difficult to mount) and they are used with extremely low pressures of around 1.2 kilograms at the front and 1 kilo rear !! !
- And surely others ...

EdouardB

To be honest, the "2.1 bar front 1.9 bar rear" on track tires is very bad advice nowadays.

I ride Dunlop d211 tyres right now (endurance rear, medium front) and the recommended cold pressure at the rear tyre is 1.2 (yes, one point two) bars. They usually go up to 1.42/1.45 when warm. That's for the 180/55 size. On the 160/60 one, the pressure is 1.5 cold because the structure is different.

I have also ridden bridgestone slicks that required 1.5 bar at the rear (when cold) and Michelin Power one that needed 1.6 bar in the rear tire for the 180/55.
I have friends who race Pirelli slicks and the pressure is specific too.

The 2.1/1.9 pressure is really only good for some Pirelli's and some Michelin tires... And that's about it nowadays.

The best advice that can be given nowadays is:

- If you have a track tire, follow the manufacturer's recommended pressure. DO NOT put 2.1 and 1.9 in them without checking first.
- If you have sporty tires, a good rule of thumb is to put .3 or .4 bar less than the road pressure, that way when the tire heats up and regains pressure you end up at the normal pressure the tire should be at. Not putting 2.1 and 1.9 is very good advice here. I rode with Michelin Power 2CT at the track and I thought the rear tire behaved very strangely at 1.9 bar. I asked Michelin and it turns out the correct track pressure is around 2.4/2.5 bar...

HornetMaX

When in doubt, read the manual :)

MaX.

BOBR6 84

Lol. I use pirelli supercorsa.. Usual around 26-27psi front cold, 23-25psi rear cold!

Usually ends up around front warm 30-31psi. Rear warm 28-30psi. Works well for me anyway..

I know with dunlops they allow for lower pressures..

Road tyre pressure in general is 36psi front 42psi rear.. Way too much for the track!!!

Bridgestone gp tyres.. No idea!