• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 09:43:21 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Guevara joins Mapfre Aspar Team Moto3

Started by SwarleyRuiz, November 06, 2013, 07:27:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwarleyRuiz

Spain's Juanfran Guevara has signed with Mapfre Aspar Team Moto3 ahead of the Moto3™ World Championship season of 2014.

Guevara, now 18, made his World Championship debut with a pair of wildcard performances in 2012 and is this year competing full-time with CIP Moto3. He is now delighted to be joining Aspar to ride its Kalex-KTM next season, alongside Brazil's Eric Granado.

"The opportunity to join the Mapfre Aspar Team in just my second season at World Championship level is a massive step for my career," Guevara says. "It is a team with great history and incredible experience, so I am sure I can learn a lot. For me it was important to be back in a Spanish team, which will making everything easier for me. The objective is to continue to grow as a rider – it is only my second year and I have a long way to go, but I am sure that I can be fighting near the front."

"By signing Juanfran we are putting our backing behind a young Spanish rider with a lot of potential," adds team owner Jorge Martínez 'Aspar'. "He has a great opportunity ahead of him and I am sure he will make the most of it. The objective is to help him move forward with his career and to develop him as a rider. I am sure that he can fight in the top ten. The Kalex has moved on a lot as a machine since it was first created and it's a great bike now, so I am sure Juanfran can score top results."

Riding a TSR Honda this year, the best result to date for Guevara – who hails from Lorca in Murcia – is 16th position in the inaugural Grand Prix of the Americas.

Source: http://www.motogp.com/en/
I use the google translator

Youtube: SwarleyRuiz Video of Games Racing.