• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 08:31:51 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

moto geometry easy pic

Started by Yohji, September 22, 2014, 12:05:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yohji

I make easy moto geometry lines with BikeED & pic edit tools

in GP Bikes, I couldn't found chain pull line (it's line is tie front & rear sprockt highest point)
so PofM position is may not be correctly

Unfortunately some GP Bikes mod Don't set anti squat geometry...

HornetMaX

Quote from: Yohji on September 22, 2014, 12:05:00 PM
in GP Bikes, I couldn't found chain pull line (it's line is tie front & rear sprockt highest point)
I asked once but got no reply from Piboso, so I can only speculate: in beta5b we have the chain pitch size, from it and the number of teeth you can deduce the sprocket diameter (front and rear) and knowing the sprockets positions you can compute the chain line.

Quote from: Yohji on September 22, 2014, 12:05:00 PM
Until beta5 the chain force was not properly simulated, that's probably why the swingarm pivot position was not allowed to change.
My understanding is that since beta5 we should be able to use that (swingarm pivot position), but then not all the bikes have this kind of setting in real life.

If Piboso can confirm all that (sprocket diameter from chain pitch+ teeth, swingarm position setting now usable) it would be great.

MaX.

Yohji

Quote from: HornetMaX on September 22, 2014, 02:53:05 PM

I asked once but got no reply from Piboso, so I can only speculate: in beta5b we have the chain pitch size, from it and the number of teeth you can deduce the sprocket diameter (front and rear) and knowing the sprockets positions you can compute the chain line.
I see, I'll do it.

Quote from: HornetMaX on September 22, 2014, 02:53:05 PM
Until beta5 the chain force was not properly simulated, that's probably why the swingarm pivot position was not allowed to change.
My understanding is that since beta5 we should be able to use that (swingarm pivot position), but then not all the bikes have this kind of setting in real life.

hm, but I setting antisquat force. I setting "RSusp"  point & "Front Sprocket" point.

when Rsusp full bump, extension of a straight line between "Rsusp" & "R wheel"(Rwheel center = R sprocket center) over or some, its good for anti squat.

but, some mod geom is not so. that line under "F sprocket". it's cause squat force.
I resetting these mod's geom, Resolution squat force and generated good antisquat force.

Is it not that "setting antisquat force"?

HornetMaX

Well, on a real bike you typically can't change the position of the front sprocket.
On some bikes you can change the swing arm pivot point (not by much), which affects what you call the "chain line": changing the swing arm pivot point can give you more or less anti-squat effect.

Also, beta5 seems to have a problem in weight distribution, so I wouldn't spend too much time in fixing issues that may disappear as soon as beta6 is out.

But I'm not sure I really understand what you're saying, and I don't speak japanese, in case :)

MaX.

Yohji

I see. if F sprocket position is not same real one, I tried reset it.

in any case, I'm loking forward to release beta 6

sry for my bad english :P

HornetMaX

Quote from: Yohji on September 22, 2014, 07:12:29 PM
sry for my bad english :P
No problem, it just makes it a bit more difficult to help you.

MaX.

daye

Quote from: Yohji on September 22, 2014, 12:05:00 PMI make easy moto geometry lines with BikeED & pic edit tools

we need this pics for configuration in garage..... a pics bets 1000 worlds