• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:51:49 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Louder wind whistling at high speeds and/or wind volume slider

Started by cdx, September 30, 2014, 03:54:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cdx

Would be great if there is a slider for the volume of the whistling of the wind or it is made louder by default. For me noisier whistling that gets louder at higher speeds gives a lot more realistic feeling.

I can hear it in the game but I think it is much quieter than it should be at high speeds. Or maybe that's normal and I just have a crappy helmet? :)

Hawk

Quote from: cdx on September 30, 2014, 03:54:10 AM
Would be great if there is a slider for the volume of the whistling of the wind or it is made louder by default. For me noisier whistling that gets louder at higher speeds gives a lot more realistic feeling.

I can hear it in the game but I think it is much quieter than it should be at high speeds. Or maybe that's normal and I just have a crappy helmet? :)

Hi cdx.

I agree with what you are saying there..... I think the sound system on GPB Beta is still in quite an embryonic state with issues like "engine noise drowning" and what you have now suggested above(a good idea in my opinion). Hopefully Piboso will give the sound system a good overall before the release of GPB V1.0 so we can hear individual engines when riding close to each other as well as other ambient noises possible to hear at the same time like as you said the wind buffet noise volume adjusting according to speed.

I don't know a lot about sound systems, but I would have thought this multiple noise volume implementation would be possible with the use of different sound channels and tuning each until the right mix has been achieved?

Nice suggestion mate.  ;D 8)

Hawk.