• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 12:49:52 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

code error openGL

Started by yoshimura, October 02, 2014, 07:29:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yoshimura

hello, I had many, error code on the slopes, collision object.thanks

HornetMaX

It's not an openGL error, it's an ODE error.

It just happens, origin is unknown.

MaX.

yoshimura

October 02, 2014, 03:45:52 PM #2 Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 03:51:31 PM by yoshimura
It is an error code under open source Linux (mandriva)often, openGL, which causes memory leak, collision object, only piboso knows the problem.

HornetMaX

Actually he doesn't know the problem, otherwise it would be solved (this thing has been there a long time).

The error comes from ODE (Open Dynamics Engine), no relationship with openGL. What causes the error is not known.

Not sure why you mention Linux/mandriva ?! Again, the error comes from O.D.E. ....

MaX.

yoshimura

October 02, 2014, 07:11:37 PM #4 Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 07:20:29 PM by yoshimura
you speak in place of piboso? address I m has piboso this simulation are fantastic, good luck to you to solve this problem, which gives me great pleasure every day. ;)piboso, give me oats, to make me less stupid ;D

HornetMaX

Quote from: yoshimura on October 02, 2014, 07:11:37 PM
you speak in place of piboso?
On things that are known, yes. But feel free to wait for his answer.

MaX.

P.S.
On y comprends rien a ton anglais, t'as interet a poser tes questions en francais sur motonline.fr et demander a quelqu'un de te traduire si besoin.

WALKEN

October 02, 2014, 08:26:24 PM #6 Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 08:40:33 PM by WALKEN
Are you running the game in Linux? If so from source or in "wine" ?

-   http://forum.kartracing-pro.com/index.php?topic=989.15
Help me, help you!

yoshimura

Quote from: WALKEN on October 02, 2014, 08:26:24 PM
Are you running the game in Linux? If so from source or in "wine" ?

-   http://forum.kartracing-pro.com/index.php?topic=989.15

hello,

No,not linux,i am on windows 8.1,I look for the link ;)

matty0l215

I've had this error a few times and I could successfully reproduce it on the core.exe test track (Link) by hitting any of the joins in the walls.
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

yoshimura

Quote from: matty0l215 on October 03, 2014, 08:18:15 AM
I've had this error a few times and I could successfully reproduce it on the core.exe test track (Link) by hitting any of the joins in the walls.

The problem is similar, frozen screen, problem collision object, random, very annoying.

matty0l215

Quote from: yoshimura on October 03, 2014, 08:45:56 AM
The problem is similar, frozen screen, problem collision object, random, very annoying.

What track/tracks are you using?
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

yoshimura

Problem with, Monza bike v3, NC-Mugello, during replay also.

HornetMaX

ODE needs to normalize vectors to do his computations. Whenever he cannot do so (because the vector is ill-defined, e.g. has zero norm) he raises this exception producing the crash.

Now why a vector could be ill-defined ? No way we could now for sure. It could come from the track (wrong normal to a surface ?) or from a bug in the physics or collision detection or from god knows what.

The sure things are:

• It's not a new issue, it has always been there.
  • It's not an openGL issue (nor something related to linux)

@matty: if you can reproduce it at will, maybe piboso can have a look.

MaX.

yoshimura

Each vector needs a code to operate correctly.....

HornetMaX