• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

GP Bikes beta6b

Started by PiBoSo, October 29, 2014, 05:11:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HornetMaX

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on October 29, 2014, 06:49:05 PM
Nice!!!!  8) just about to try.. ok for Xinput?
Xinput plugin works fine (but not other plugins like MaxHUD and MaxTM, I need Piboso to publish the new plugin interface)..

All bike mods will need some tweaking from their respective modders (i.e. at the moment they don't work).
Mod tracks seem to work fine.

MaX.

r1rossi

I am getting alot of Core.exe failures while on Aragon..

BOBR6 84

First 10mins.. 990cc

very similar to 5b opposed to 4/4b (a good thing for me)!

wobbles still happen which I AM happy about! you can control them..

Feels even more alive!!!  :P

F/B/R/L override is brilliant!!

much to learn (again lol) but i think we can have some serious fun with this folks!!  ;D

i see 1 issue so far.. when i crashed.. 3 times! the rider instantly dissapears..

Anyway.. Great work Piboso! 8)

PeterV

October 29, 2014, 07:40:05 PM #18 Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 07:46:23 PM by PeterV
Been riding beta6b

Conclusion sofar:
Class: GP500

Beta5b wobbels/weaves
Beta6b wobbels/weaves (maybe even worse)

Beta5b offtrack (grass) bike goes down immediately
Beta6b offtrack (grass) bike keeps rolling and you can apply the full frontbrake it just stays up, a bug?

Beta5b bike front washes away suddenly
Beta6b bike front washes away, even the rear washes away sometimes like the front does, did not have that in 5b.

Beta6b Rider movement seems stiff (only in animation?) and head positioning looks not alright to me, a bit M. Doohan style it looks like  ;D.
Beta6b L/R overide, very nice feature, something new to learn :P One thing i noticed, i assigned second stick F/B for F/B lean but nothing happened when using the stick.

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on October 29, 2014, 07:32:20 PM
i see 1 issue so far.. when i crashed.. 3 times! the rider instantly dissapears..
Yes indeed rider is off the bike before the bike has a change to fall properly. like rider thinks this is gonna hurt, bail bail  :D

Alibaskins

Yes driver go under the track and there isn't groove.

Même si sans maîtrise la puissance n'est rien, sans puissance, la maîtrise ne fait pas tout !

Klax75

The rider falling off and going under the ground would happen in 5/5b for me also.

JJS209

October 29, 2014, 08:01:10 PM #21 Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 08:04:55 PM by JJS209
why is my riders head missing?!
E: just using XInput

its not the head, its the helmet.

Hawk

Quote from: JJS209 on October 29, 2014, 08:01:10 PM
why is my riders head missing?!
E: just using XInput

Have you applied any mod helmets or rider paints or bike paints with rider suits in? I tried that and my riders head first appeared backwards, then disappeared. LOL
I uninstalled all mods and went back to default and all is well again. Seems there's going to be a lot of repainting rider suits and helmet paints.

Hawk.

JJS209

i did the third!!!! clean install without anything.

JJS209

October 29, 2014, 08:24:31 PM #24 Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 08:30:19 PM by JJS209
its exhausting, when i use another folder/directory its working. but i wont use another one. wtf is this?

€: are there other driectorys than the choosen installpath and the piboso/gp bikes folder in the documents?

it works when i install it to c:/gp bikes but bot if i am using c:/ games/gp bikes which is my "normal" gpb folder.
i erased everything and my rider is still missing his helmet.

btw. i will not use any other directory than my old one. what a joke, isnt it?

Hawk

My first impression of Beta6b(GP 500 Class Varese) is a vast improvement on beta5b....

I've not had a chance to fiddle with the handling set-up yet so I don't know what kind of changes altering suspension and other garage settings would make, but I hope noticeable?

The general stability seems to be vastly improved. The wobbles are now what I'd call more real in there appearance and handling. The wheelies we saw in beta 5b have now been toned down, it is much harder now to wheelie in higher gears unlike beta 5b.

The front end seems to be a lot more stable than beta 5b, more like it was in beta 4b(unstable but at least manageable for now, but needs sorting).

I don't know if this is my imagination, but the engine revs from the tyre profile don't seem to be as harsh as they were in beta5b when making the transition from being leaned right over to upright? Just seems a lot more gradual a change in revs? A great improvement.

The new rider: When the bike pulls a wheelie, the rider keeps his arms bolt straight. This is SO unnatural looking and looks very comical. Hehe. Almost looks like someone has bolted a  mannequin onto the bike when a wheelie is pulled. LOL.
Other than that I do like the rider/animation; reminds me almost of a Kenny Roberts style, but having said that I still would like to see the old rider/animation included as an alternative in the "Rider Style" Menue.  :)

But overall so far I am really impressed by the improvements in stability and handling. This is something that while riding I'm not scared of now, in that I don't feel I need to be walking on egg shells while riding around anymore for fear of having one of those (WTF)front end washout moments.

HornetMaX

Anybody having less FPS with respect to beta5 ?

MaX.

Hawk

Quote from: JJS209 on October 29, 2014, 08:24:31 PM
its exhausting, when i use another folder/directory its working. but i wont use another one. wtf is this?

€: are there other driectorys than the choosen installpath and the piboso/gp bikes folder in the documents?

it works when i install it to c:/gp bikes but bot if i am using c:/ games/gp bikes which is my "normal" gpb folder.
i erased everything and my rider is still missing his helmet.

btw. i will not use any other directory than my old one. what a joke, isnt it?

Have you something against using the "Program Files" directory?  Lol ;D

JJS209

yes, i have a games directory.

JJS209

October 29, 2014, 09:00:56 PM #29 Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 09:09:38 PM by JJS209
oh its amazing, now i cant change my name. i will be for all time be the unnamed profile...

i did not a single meter... nice...

€: i created another profilename and than it worked to go to a server and i have had my name. after that i changed the bike to the rc990 and... suprise ... i am unnamed profile again.

sorry piboso, but i need to install the game into another direktory and cant have a helmet or a name?

i wasted now more than two hours of my evening... if there is not coming a BETA6C i will pause that. i am really pissed on!