• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 03:23:08 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

GP Bikes beta6b

Started by PiBoSo, October 29, 2014, 05:11:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HornetMaX

JJS209, you seem to be the only one having this kind of troubles. It's unlikely it comes from GPB itself.

No idea where it could come from. Erase everything, sleep it over and try tomorrow.

MaX.

BOBR6 84

Hmm mixed opinions.. As always I guess.

Brief 10mins earlier has made me annoyed to be at work!  ::)
I need to get home to test lol. 8hrs 9mins 45secs to go...  >:(

girlracerTracey

I think it's great. I had to just do a motogp14 league race and tbh I would rather have been on gpbikes testing beta 6b.

There are bound to be a few teething problems with a new beta like this but overall I am very impressed. I think gpbikes is now  showing some great potential..and that comes from someone who could not get on with beta 5b at all. I think the physics have gone in the right direction personally. Overall a very decent step forward in my opinion. As I say my only reservation is that the bikes in PiBoSo's simulation in my humble and personal opinion overreact a bit too much to bumps and sudden elevation changes. Ideally for me the bikes need to be slightly less reactive although I agree it is controllable and makes it more interesting in terms of feedback on a smooth track.

I am really committed in organising leagues on motogp14. Full grids and 4 league races a week. Come rain or shine. Hangover or blissful sobriety. But beta 6b is tempting me quite strongly back onto gpbikes. Which in a round about way is quite a strong endorsement from me. As I say a definite thumbs up from me.

Anyway I'll shut up now.

grT  :P

dude

October 29, 2014, 10:16:45 PM #33 Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 10:18:25 PM by dude
@JJS209

Did u also deleted the PiBoSo-Folder under documents?
If not, do it and reinstall 6b.

I really like the new helmet cam, very dynamic and with a fov of 90 u have a very nice speed feeling ^^ yeeehawww
The whole front tyre problematic is a little bit better to handle but hm...u can write 20 threads about it. In my opinion it could be a little less "shaky".
The new rider is not bad but useless for dashcam-drivers :p
ECU settings on track is cool!!!
Ambient shadows? hu???

Thanks PiBoSo!

r1rossi

What settings are people using in the advanced "lean" category in settings, dead zone etc?

Do you use the "smooth" button? When I turned that on it made things a lot nicer .

Any input would be great

janaucarre

Hi,
firstly, thank you piboso.
I come from about 15 laps with the murasama at victoria, and also 15 laps with the varese.
I like the stand screen for watching the bikes, like in mxbikes, futur good screenshots.
I like the direct lean %, 100 for me after little tests.
I like the new texturing of the track.
Is it my view or is it true that the bikes have a better look than before?
I like the bikes don't fall directly passing through grass or sand.
I like very much the tcs and eb can be changed during a lap.
I like the bike don't fall so easy than before, particularly during changing lean angle.
I like the whobbles of the murasama, it seems more realist than before.
I feel the onboard view better to use than before.
The rear tyre seems to have less grip than before, just a little bit:)
At standing with no gear enable the left right movements is good now.
Exit the pit is more easy.
The varese has too much whobbles but it's controllable by not pushing hard on throttle.
The kerbs are now usable:).
I feel all smoothly.
The fps have been increased a lot, about 60 before and between 85 and 125 now, i need to limit that for my old PC:)
Next test will be on 125cc.
See you soon.

matty0l215

I'm really liking it so far, put about 30 mins-1 hour down so far all on the 990

The front wheel wobble is still there but is better (at least to me it is)
The bike doesn't want to wheelie nearly as much as it used to
And it corners so much nicer now and turns a lot easier

Sadly as for the 125, I tried 2 laps and gave up, the thing just falls over mid corner (sometimes even before mid corner) but then i haven't ridden the 125 for a while now.

And being able to keep the bike upright on the grass and gravel  ;D ;D ;D

For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

HornetMaX

As always, I'll take more time to comment on the physics. Two thing I can already say on the rest:

• I do like the direct lean slider: whichever value one ends up using, I think it's better than the previous "direct lean OFF".
  • Nice to have TC and EB available on-board, not sure why we don't have Anti-wheeling too.

MaX.

r1rossi

How do you adjust TC on the go ? Also, which settings are you using for advanced , ie. dead zone linearity press etc!

Use smooth or no smooth?

dude

Hm, if u use a higher Fov and onboard view u can see that the hands of the driver are to high and not on the handlebar :D

BOBR6 84

What is the direct lean slider for? I had d/l off before so if I move the slider will that adjust my sensitivity or something?

HornetMaX

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on October 29, 2014, 11:01:25 PM
What is the direct lean slider for? I had d/l off before so if I move the slider will that adjust my sensitivity or something?
Try it at 0%, then at 100% and you'll understand immediately.

MaX.

Klax75

Little curious where is helmet view in replays? Being able to see who is on a server, and the photo feature that was mentioned? Did I miss them some where?

BOBR6 84

October 29, 2014, 11:58:38 PM #43 Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 12:00:42 AM by BOBR6 84
Ahh lol ok will do! Didnt get chance to try earlier..

Im guessing direct lean 0% is off and 100% is fully on right?

Your comment about the FPS.. Could that be because victoria looks nicer? I hope it doesnt screw me when I come to record!!

Forgot to quote MaX sorry..

tseklias

Quote from: r1rossi on October 29, 2014, 10:36:29 PM
How do you adjust TC on the go ? Also, which settings are you using for advanced , ie. dead zone linearity press etc!

Use smooth or no smooth?

its on the settings menu you must match them with your desired buttons and then use in-game(check the dash you'll see).all dead zones zero for me and linearity to throttle only on 100 all else 0. no smooth for me, i like better the response to be instant.

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on October 29, 2014, 11:58:38 PM
Your comment about the FPS.. Could that be because victoria looks nicer? I hope it doesnt screw me when I come to record!!

victoria?? did we got a grid girl finally and i missed it?!?!  ;D