• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 10:46:04 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Start in 2nd instead of 1st gear

Started by Boerenlater, November 02, 2014, 11:24:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boerenlater

Please change after a crash or at the start of a race or exiting the pit it's automatically in 2nd gear instead of 1st.
I stopped gaming (and GP-Bikes)

PeterV

????
If you want you can start in 4th gear if you wish, just put it in the prefered gear  ;)

Boerenlater

Quote from: PeterV on November 02, 2014, 11:56:08 AM
????
If you want you can start in 4th gear if you wish, just put it in the prefered gear  ;)
Yeha but it costs time to change everytime to 1st gear at a start of a race.
And it's just inconvenient after crashes or from the pitlane. It just doesn't make sense when it goes from neutral to 2nd.

PeterV

November 02, 2014, 12:03:48 PM #3 Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 12:36:40 PM by PeterV
Down is 1st gear, up is second gear, is the way it works on the road bikes. Might be other way around on a race bike though.
I really dont see a problem here to be honest.

Daniel_F

well i belive the problem is the most games u press up for 1º gear (like motogp) but since this is a simulator neutral is betwen 1 and 2 so u need to press down for 1º and then just like any other game...

HornetMaX

Quote from: Boerenlater on November 02, 2014, 11:24:22 AM
Please change after a crash or at the start of a race or exiting the pit it's automatically in 2nd gear instead of 1st.

This goes straight to #1 in my personal list of suggestions that make absolutely zero sense :)

Hall of fame material !

MaX.

Stout Johnson

Quote from: HornetMaX on November 02, 2014, 05:03:09 PM
Quote from: Boerenlater on November 02, 2014, 11:24:22 AM

This goes straight to #1 in my personal list of suggestions that make absolutely zero sense :)

Hall of fame material !

MaX.
LOL, thought the same!

This just goes to show that there is quite a share of people around here that have limited (to say the least) understanding on how a motorcycle is operated. That it even stretches as far as not knowing how gears are engaged on a motorcycle is really hall of fame material. But tbh, there are many other things mentioned around here (also in the critics about beta6(c)) that often show it is unfair criticism towards Piboso (some not all), simply because people do not really know much about motorcycles, let alone racebikes...
    -----------   WarStout Kawasaki Team   -----------

Boerenlater

November 02, 2014, 05:30:59 PM #7 Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 05:33:08 PM by Boerenlater
To be clear I ride bikes for about 8 years now irl. I just never made the connection of how it's used in this game.
So ehm solved?

HornetMaX

Quote from: Boerenlater on November 02, 2014, 05:30:59 PM
To be clear I ride bikes for about 8 years now irl. I just never made the connection of how it's used in this game.
So ehm solved?
Then I guess you just formulated your request in a way it sounded completely differently from the intended meaning (and utterly funny).

Solved, anyway :)

MaX.

rc211v

Quote from: Stout Johnson on November 02, 2014, 05:21:56 PM

LOL, thought the same!

This just goes to show that there is quite a share of people around here that have limited (to say the least) understanding on how a motorcycle is operated. That it even stretches as far as not knowing how gears are engaged on a motorcycle is really hall of fame material. But tbh, there are many other things mentioned around here (also in the critics about beta6(c)) that often show it is unfair criticism towards Piboso (some not all), simply because people do not really know much about motorcycles, let alone racebikes...

I also think people shouldn't be so quick to jump to conclusions about others' understanding and not ridicule someone for a simple question but maybe that's just me.

BOBR6 84

November 02, 2014, 08:49:18 PM #10 Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 08:51:30 PM by BOBR6 84
Lol surely boerenlater can laugh this off!? ???

rc211v

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on November 02, 2014, 08:49:18 PM
Lol im sure boerenlater can laugh this off! Surely?  ???

At first yeah but I think it escalated a little too far. Just my opinion.

HornetMaX

Peace man, we all say something silly from time to time. Was just your time this time ;)

MaX.