• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Constructive feedback about the game and its future direction

Started by rodney007, November 05, 2014, 05:43:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WALKEN

Quote from: rodney007 on November 08, 2014, 12:32:12 AM
Quote from: Hawk_UK on November 07, 2014, 10:11:18 PM
@Rodney: Does this mean you'll consider releasing your TZ750?  ;D

Hawk.

Lets see what Piboso's stance is on the recent ideas of a team of guys working together to help him first. Then.... we can have many mod bikes each with
unique physics not only TZR....

???   
Help me, help you!

nuovaic

Quote from: WALKEN on November 07, 2014, 07:21:57 PM

Fastest means nothing as you can manipulate setting in a strange way to achieve faster laps, I have done this for years.

Explain please.

Abigor

Quote from: nuovaic on November 08, 2014, 07:35:46 AM

Fastest means nothing as you can manipulate setting in a strange way to achieve faster laps, I have done this for years.

Explain please.
+1.... Hahaha....yes please  ???

girlracerTracey

Quote from: Abigor on November 08, 2014, 08:37:29 AM

Explain please.

Are you talking about gp500 or god forbid gpbikes?

You sound like a very naughty man to me WALK3N and you probably deserve to have your bottom smacked and to be sent to bed early with a glass of milk! ;)

grT   

rodney007

Quote from: girlracerTracey on November 08, 2014, 09:40:15 AM
Quote from: Abigor on November 08, 2014, 08:37:29 AM

Explain please.

Are you talking about gp500 or god forbid gpbikes?

You sound like a very naughty man to me WALK3N and you probably deserve to have your bottom smacked and to be sent to bed early with a glass of milk! ;)

grT

:P

nuovaic

Explain please.

Still waiting Walken.

WALKEN

See that, everybody wants to know how to manipulate setting in a odd "unrealistic" way to go faster.   :-X
Help me, help you!

nuovaic

Not me.
Just want to know who and why people do it.

Still waiting.

Abigor

WALKEN

I am making a point about realism is all.  And perspective in terms of what is real to the individual regardless of settings.

Like someone making a modded bike to overcome wobbles and feels the physics are wrong and in turn feels the mod has overcome this. Then feels they have the authority to test in a small group for future betas  prior to release.

Beside that once something is considered complete, finished, then there exist a limit to be found and in some instances limits can be found in strange ways beyond typical thought.

Yet more of an example, in Toca 3 (Gokarts) to max the limits you had to set all the setting to soft. Soft tire/suspension etc and run in first person view to see the apex.  The settings were not realistic in any way and could be manipulated to reach the limit. In MotoGP1 (Climax) you needed to build a bike with zero brakes to reach max limits of bike limit vs track limit. Also a rubberband was set in place to hold the rider down at all times hence fastest laps etc...    While testing MotoGP7 Ps2 (Milestone/Capcom) I realized the fastest way around was by holding the rear brake around the  corners to tighten them even more, not realistic but fastest!

I'm not implying that anyone is using strange techniques to go faster in a cheating sense, but we are talking about feedback for a motorcycle simulation and feedback from a community should be from a community not 4 fast people who may think they are more qualified is all.

Food for thought.   
Help me, help you!

nuovaic

Ok, maybe I got the wrong impression from your post. Not sure.
Anyway, if you have found something that is unrealistic, but improves lap times, I hope you will share it here so others will be aware of it and can maybe test it also and give a more rounded feedback. Everything needs to be out in the open at this stage, otherwise things won't get any better and bad feeling among the community will ensue.

Abigor

You should be a politician WALKEN......nice....politician says much without saying anything

WALKEN

Abigor,

If I have found anything to improve upon lap times in GPBikes  settings in a odd manner I would report this to Piboso.

My point is I trust Piboso and his opinion on his releases, not a small group of testers as implied.

Again I am pointing out a fact that being fast means nothing as how are you going fast to begin with?  I would rather trust someone who knows how to exploit things to report to Piboso.

Another point to clarify is some of the community is playing GPBikes as a game and want it finished as fast as possible and trusting others mods to improve upon beta releases where the mods have odd effects on the beta physics.  I'm I making sense to you?

Help me, help you!

Furious

As a part of constructive feedback I want to ask something. Is the moment of inertia calculated based on the weight of individual parts? Cause I couldn't see any corresponding parameter in bike tools.
Is the moment of inertia constant for the bike with specific values set or is it done other way?

Abigor

Quote from: WALKEN on November 09, 2014, 07:37:44 PM
Abigor,

If I have found anything to improve upon lap times in GPBikes  settings in a odd manner I would report this to Piboso.

My point is I trust Piboso and his opinion on his releases, not a small group of testers as implied.

Again I am pointing out a fact that being fast means nothing as how are you going fast to begin with?  I would rather trust someone who knows how to exploit things to report to Piboso.

Another point to clarify is some of the community is playing GPBikes as a game and want it finished as fast as possible and trusting others mods to improve upon beta releases where the mods have odd effects on the beta physics.  I'm I making sense to you?
No WALKEN...Not making sense at all to me........First you write "Fastest means nothing as you can manipulate setting in a strange way to achieve faster laps, I have done this for years"   and now  "If I have found anything to improve upon lap times in GPBikes  settings in a odd manner I would report this to Piboso"  but hey let's just end this discussion  ;D