• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 06:11:12 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Data mismatch

Started by Toomes1, November 15, 2014, 06:07:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toomes1

That's all I seem to get when I go online and select one track to ride. I have download bike mod 2.30 but still having data mismatch, I've also updated with moto2 mod tyre update but still no joy. What am I doing wrong never had trouble with this before.

PeterV

you got the tracks updated to latest versions? Hawk is reorganizing the tracks and renaming them, so daily a couple of tracks are updated.

Toomes1

So Victoria has been updated and Jerez I also tried the old school server just for the wss and moto2 but no joy

BOBR6 84

i get mismatch trying to join portimao wss/moto2..

PeterV

November 15, 2014, 06:31:11 PM #4 Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 07:59:38 PM by PeterV
Quote from: BOBR6 84 on November 15, 2014, 06:24:34 PM
i get mismatch trying to join portimao wss/moto2..
Quote from: Toomes1 on November 15, 2014, 06:22:46 PM
So Victoria has been updated and Jerez I also tried the old school server just for the wss and moto2 but no joy

I dont have a problem, i use the moto2 mod with tyre update.

Remember to DL the portimao track.

I also just now installed these three at my end, dont know if The servers are already updated. (just did send a pm to our guru Dibu).
Update: servers oldschool updated as well, thx Dibu.

[BIKE] Yamaha YZR 500 93

[BIKE] Honda NSR 500 95

[BIKE] Suzuki RGV 500 93

yoshimura

me too,update the mod 2.30 since yesterday mismatch data on all servers, except Spanish . ???

BOBR6 84

still mismatch.. i have latest bike MOD, tyre file update, the 3 sweet ass 500's..

managed to join portimao no probs but victoria, monza and all other servers i get data mismatch!

i notice one of the stk1000 servers says version 0.92 or something like that, cant remember.

so.. any ideas how i can get online guys?

Hawk

The official Bike MOD is updated on the 1st and 14th of each month. If anyone decides to update their mods outside of the current Bike MOD 2.30 then obviously you are going to get some servers that have also updates outside the 2.30 MOD, and some that have stuck with the 2.30 MOD..... So your going to get some that connect and some that give you a data mismatch...... Horses for courses guys.  You either stick with the update dates or face the problems. :P

If you want best of both worlds then your going to have to keep a copy of your bike folder as the Official Bike MOD version(2.30), and also one for any updates outside the 1st and 14th days of each month, then just copy paste whichever one you want to connect with to the appropriate server.  ;)

Hawk.

PeterV

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on November 16, 2014, 11:38:28 AM
still mismatch.. i have latest bike MOD, tyre file update, the 3 sweet ass 500's..

managed to join portimao no probs but victoria, monza and all other servers i get data mismatch!

i notice one of the stk1000 servers says version 0.92 or something like that, cant remember.

so.. any ideas how i can get online guys?

There is a new version of STK1000 mod on GPBikes Italia. That might be the problem/reason?

BOBR6 84

Quote from: Hawk_UK on November 16, 2014, 11:51:30 AM

If you want best of both worlds then your going to have to keep a copy of your bike folder as the Official Bike MOD version(2.30), and also one for any updates outside the 1st and 14th days of each month, then just copy paste whichever one you want to connect with to the appropriate server.  ;)

Hawk.

good idea! il do that from now on..  ;)

Quote from: PeterV on November 16, 2014, 11:52:12 AM

There is a new version of STK1000 mod on GPBikes Italia. That might be the problem/reason?

ok thanks! il get that and do what hawk suggested!  ;)

cheers guys!

Hawk

Personally speaking(so feel free to disagree): I think in future to avoid any problems like this, bike modders need to co-ordinate the release of any bike mods with Klax, so that they send klax the download links for any bike mod updates a couple of days before the Bike MOD Update dates of the 1st and 14th of each month, but not to publish any bike mod releases until those dates. That way everything would be kept organised instead of the fight fest to update servers and clients GPB in between Bike MOD version release dates and the obvious anarchy of people getting data mismatches from one server to the next. I also think that server admins should play a big role in making sure that they stick to the Bike MOD versions and not deviate from them until the release of a new version.

Am I making sense?

Hawk.

BOBR6 84

makes sense to me..

what affect does this have on the auto sync method?

since the forum erupted the first time, some mods dont get posted here anymore.. although its entirely up to them, its still a shame, and makes it tricky keeping up.  :(

Hawk

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on November 16, 2014, 12:58:36 PM
makes sense to me..

what affect does this have on the auto sync method?

since the forum erupted the first time, some mods dont get posted here anymore.. although its entirely up to them, its still a shame, and makes it tricky keeping up.  :(

As far as I know, auto-sync uses the bike mod version that Klax publishes; uses it as a master file so to speak, which again makes sense.  :)

Hawk

HornetMaX

I think the only way out is that every main hoster (e.g. dibu, GPBItalia and Motonline) should have (and keep updated) a post here saying which bikes/version their servers are currently running.
Everything else is problematic: once a mod is ready, one is not gonna wait 2 weeks for it to be be made public just because we want all the update to happen at the same time ...

MaX.

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on November 16, 2014, 05:11:23 PM
I think the only way out is that every main hoster (e.g. dibu, GPBItalia and Motonline) should have (and keep updated) a post here saying which bikes/version their servers are currently running.
Everything else is problematic: once a mod is ready, one is not gonna wait 2 weeks for it to be be made public just because we want all the update to happen at the same time ...

MaX.

Well personally speaking, if I had created a MOD for release, it would be no skin off my nose to maybe have to wait another 2 weeks before I have it released(after all I would be sick of the sight of it after working on it for so long. I'd just send my download link to Klax and be done with it. LOL  ;D), but especially if it's for the benefit of GPB community keeping the MOD releases organised and co-ordinated so that there is no problems with data mismatches in future.

It's the Modders who have the real control here to make sure there are no problems.... It would be good to hear their opinions on this subject, because a little co-ordination with Bike MOD release dates sure makes sense to me. :P  ;D

Hawk.