• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 09:29:09 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Manual Rider Movement and Weight.

Started by Klax75, January 10, 2015, 01:19:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Napalm Nick

April 28, 2015, 10:38:53 PM #15 Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 10:48:32 PM by Napalm Nick
     Well thanks for doing that Max, much appreciated, and I am really happy to hear there is a difference to be seen.

As touched on in another thread, using manual controls (eg: tucking in early) should give a measurable and realistic (but not stoopid) advantage over someone using default auto rider and only tucking after 140km/h shouldn't it? Well yes you have proven it already does but is it enough though (rhetorical)? I mean an early tuck over 12 or so corners could be worth half a second surely.

I used it a lot today with others on track and I'm not sure it was worth the thumb exercise.  ::)
Having said that I am enthused to know it does give a small advantage and it looks great.

Post edited by removing what even I admit was utter bollocks lol
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

HornetMaX

Not sure where the effect is more visible: on a smaller bike, the rider being not tucked in increases the front surface more (proportionally) than on a bigger bike. But bigger bikes can reach higher speeds and aero effect are quadratic in speed ... being not tucked in at 200Kmh is one thing, at 300Kmh is something else.

Keep in mind that at (relatively) low speeds the aero effect is small, so tucking in early may not give you a lot of advantage (unless the rider weight being more forward has a positive effect, which could be in some occasions).

In beta4, I found manual rider l/r more worth than manual rider f/b, even visually: you arrive at a turn at the end of a straight, start breaking with the rear doing whatever it wants, and you pop out the right leg well before the turn .. nice :)

Can you go faster with manual rider lean ? I don't think so. But I'm not as fast as many here, so ...

MaX.