• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:58:12 AM

bike physics..

Started by BOBR6 84, January 12, 2015, 03:23:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOBR6 84

Bit random but.. Would it be possible to take all the different bikes physics and engines and mix and match to other bikes?

Maybe some sort of physics pack to download?

So lets say take the 500cc bike and engine but replace the physics with the R6 (just an example).

Purely to mess around offline..

Or take the R6 and stick a 1000cc engine in it to see what happens..  :P

BOBR6 84

On that note.. How do I actually access the physics files? And what would I need to do if/when I completely f#cked everything up? Lol

matty0l215

Im not quite sure about the bike physics but changeing the engine is relitvly simple, just swap out the .enge file in the bike directory  (just make sure you have a backup of the original and the names are the same)
Or you could play about with the engine and geom tool (cant quite remember the name)
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

Eagle

For the engine settings, all is in the <bikename>.cfg and <bikename>.engn. I recommend using engned tool made by piboso to modify the .engn because it's a mindfuck with the notepad. xD

For the cfg, you'll need bike specs that you'll take on internet, except  if you know what you are doing. x)

HornetMaX

Our modders may confirm that, but the geometry is in principle linked to the 3d files (in the sense that dimensions must match).
For little changes to the .geom, you may do without changing the 3d, but gor bigger ones you'll have to adapt the 3d.

MaX.

Eagle

It would be cool to have an update on the tools and if possible get some documentations about them. It'll be much easier to understand gpbikes and will permit to develop more beautiful and enjoyable contents. :)