• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 03:00:41 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Live timing and streaming

Started by PiBoSo, January 24, 2015, 01:50:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

January 26, 2015, 04:20:35 PM #15 Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 09:36:50 PM by Hawk_UK
Quote from: PiBoSo on January 26, 2015, 11:29:20 AM
Quote from: Hawk_UK on January 26, 2015, 01:02:11 AM
I believe these cameras are tracking the drivers(same as in GPBikes), but they are using the information they gather from the screen overlays(time gaps between drivers, etc) to choose a driver that is in the action and would be of interest to the viewer. I guess you could have a rider camera selection function as part of the producers second screen, or(if it's possible), to have a real-time track map showing were the riders are as part of the producers tools(on the second screen) were the producer can just click on any particular rider from the real-time track map and it would automatically show that rider tracking camera on the first live-streaming screen. But at the same time the producer could also choose between the different camera views(Trackside/Orbit/Cockpit, etc, etc) maybe by selecting a camera mode from a menu in the producer tools before hand depending on what type of shot the producer required at the time? A newly selected camera mode would only take effect(on the first Live-Streaming screen) after the producer had selected a camera mode and then selected a rider from the real-time track map; this would give the producer better control of the live stream scene.

Hawk.

How do they actually choose the camera and driver in the other sims? Keyboard shortcuts? No control is visible in the streaming.

To be honest, I'm not fully sure. But I can only presume they have either a second monitor to control camera events that are not Live-Streamed, or as you say, they have keyboard shortcuts from a control menu that has the option of hiding those controls from the Live-Stream screen. But I'm sure you'll agree that you don't want any producer control graphics showing on a Live-Stream screen at all.; ideally any producer controls should be on a second monitor screen that is not being Live-Streamed, or totally via keyboard shortcuts. Just my thoughts on this.

Hawk.

Edit: Just as an addition to my post above: By the look of it, I believe they are actually using a similar camera selection process same as GPB as far as the camera they select is following the driver in the scene, but just as you say, that they don't have any camera controls visible on the Live-Stream screen(probably for same reasons I've stated in this post above.).

HornetMaX

Maybe there's a camera set that simply follows the head of the race (or player in position N).

MaX.