• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Jump Starts.

Started by Klax75, February 01, 2015, 09:52:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Klax75

Today, in the Moto 3 Victoria race, I was waiting for the lights to go out, holding the clutch. Then it disqualified me. I hadn't even moved yet.

Can we please, please at least give the rider a ride through penalty? Instead of instant disqualification. :/

Hawk

Quote from: Klax75 on February 01, 2015, 09:52:08 PM
Today, in the Moto 3 Victoria race, I was waiting for the lights to go out, holding the clutch. Then it disqualified me. I hadn't even moved yet.

Can we please, please at least give the rider a ride through penalty? Instead of instant disqualification. :/

+1

That would be a better penalty for a jump start.... DSQ is far too harsh a penalty for jump starts.

A 10 second penalty would suit more....

Hawk

h106frp

You would think if it disqualifies you should see a start line picture showing the rider fault. Seems at least fair

Hawk

Quote from: h106frp on February 01, 2015, 10:28:53 PM
You would think if it disqualifies you should see a start line picture showing the rider fault. Seems at least fair

It does state in the chat line field(in red characters. Lol) when someone is disqualified and what for(Jump start, etc, etc... )..... I personally think if it showed a picture it would be too distracting for other riders who understandably just want to be concentrating on the race itself at that time.  :)

Hawk.

LOOPATELI

Jose Reina has made this video of the replay (server replay)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soWuvWOUPjY&spfreload=10

Both riders Klax and Albertukis seem to move the direction and get DSQ. I'm not saying you guys move it, but its clear that the bikes move.
And also clear than when they move a bit PAM! put of the race

Hawk

February 01, 2015, 11:02:28 PM #5 Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 11:20:58 PM by Hawk_UK
Quote from: LOOPATELI on February 01, 2015, 10:56:40 PM
Jose Reina has made this video of the replay (server replay)
https://www.youtube.com/v/soWuvWOUPjY&spfreload=10

Both riders Klax and Albertukis seem to move the direction and get DSQ. I'm not saying you guys move it, but its clear that the bikes move.
And also clear than when they move a bit PAM! put of the race

The evidence is irrefutable your honour...... Guilty!!! Hehehe!  ;D

Hawk.

Edit: Just joking guys! No Offence intended, okay.  ;)

doubledragoncc

Out of interest I have a question. When you watch an online race and the bikes look like they are HOPPING about, due to ping I guess, the actual rider does not see that on their screen but it is happenig on the server and is being shown, so they system thinks the bike is moving like that but is NOT, therefore could it not be the fact that sometimes the bike has NOT moved but due to ping or woteva, the system thinks you have moved??

Its just a thought thats buged me for years.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

LOOPATELI

Yes thats a good question. Which system says you are out, your own system or the remote server?

doubledragoncc

I was thinking about the server as thats the one that jumps the bikes about due to ping rate, I am guessing here but thats what my logic says when I watch a video of online racing. Bikes hop about, but the rider who is on their computer will not see or feel the hoping? I am clutching at staws on this, but I think it is possible. Why else is the bike hopping unless the server is drawing the bike model in that place? For the server to draw the bike in a place it must think it is there, or not? So, if I bike is sitting still on my computer and I do not move it, but the server ping is to high, maybe it will draw me in another position, like I moved forward, when in fact I have not?

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

h106frp

It looks like you had the steering over to one side and when you straightened the bars it dumped you out. Wonder if the bar rotation causes the wheel to move a tiny bit forward?

doubledragoncc

But is that not far to sensative to move the bike so the server thinks the wheel rolled forward, there has to be some freeplay of movement or its stupid

DD

h106frp

Quote from: doubledragoncc on February 02, 2015, 12:14:02 AM
But is that not far to sensative to move the bike so the server thinks the wheel rolled forward, there has to be some freeplay of movement or its stupid

DD

But he is well up to the line, closer than the other bikes - is it the point where the wheel touches tarmac or a virtual line up from the box mark? Just wondering if the horizontal axis of the tyre crossed the 'virtual' line when he straightened up- otherwise it is indeed stupid

Hawk

Quote from: h106frp on February 02, 2015, 12:10:24 AM
It looks like you had the steering over to one side and when you straightened the bars it dumped you out. Wonder if the bar rotation causes the wheel to move a tiny bit forward?

Seems that any movement after the start of the Pre-start sequence will cause a jump start or DSQ. I think it's in Max's list of suggestions thread from last year(it's a well known ongoing issue). Hoping Piboso will sort this out in a future update.....

If riders would engage gear and be ready to go before the start of the pre-start sequence and not move during the pre-start sequence then it seems to be okay.

Hope this helps.  ;)

Hawk.

Klax75

Quote from: h106frp on February 02, 2015, 12:19:38 AM
Quote from: doubledragoncc on February 02, 2015, 12:14:02 AM

DD

But he is well up to the line, closer than the other bikes - is it the point where the wheel touches tarmac or a virtual line up from the box mark? Just wondering if the horizontal axis of the tyre crossed the 'virtual' line when he straightened up- otherwise it is indeed stupid

I was where GP Bikes put me, since we didn't have a sighting lap. I didn't park the bike myself. It just spawned me there. I would have parked a little further back in reality.  :/

HornetMaX

Quote from: Hawk_UK on February 01, 2015, 10:13:30 PM
Quote from: Klax75 on February 01, 2015, 09:52:08 PM

+1

That would be a better penalty for a jump start.... DSQ is far too harsh a penalty for jump starts.

A 10 second penalty would suit more....
-1, because you're bound to have somebody starting well before the green (e.g. 50sec before the green) knowing that anyway he's gonna get "just" a 10 sec penalty.
Also it may mess up the server lap counting (which is already shaky, as we all know). Let's fix the problem instead of its effects.

BTW I think it's already partially the case: if you jump start by a little amount it gives you a ride through, but if you jump start by a lot, you are DSQ. Don't know where's the threshold.

MaX.