• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Stronger rear brake

Started by davidboda46, February 06, 2015, 05:00:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matty0l215

For me!! The rear break is for slow speed (filtering and such) or scrubbing off corner speed (but only small amounts). In a straight line I hardly ever use it, but thats how i've been taught/learnt to ride.

Its certainly not useless, but in its current form, it works fine for me  :P
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

BOBR6 84

im not arguing the fact some use it and some dont.. we already know this!

id say the rear brake in gpbikes if anything is too strong! with a button..... i loose the rear ALOT using the rear brake in GPB.

what happens when you are knee down on a right hander and you are heading wide? good luck using the rear brake..

if you are braking extremely hard at the end of a straight, downshifting at the same time, all the weight is on the front!! making the rear brake useless... if you are backing into a corner sometimes you might need to control the speed of the rear wheel with the rear brake.. try that in GPB... you go down!!!

matty0l215

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on February 07, 2015, 09:16:27 PM
im not arguing the fact some use it and some dont.. we already know this!

id say the rear brake in gpbikes if anything is too strong! with a button..... i loose the rear ALOT using the rear brake in GPB.

what happens when you are knee down on a right hander and you are heading wide? good luck using the rear brake..

if you are braking extremely hard at the end of a straight, downshifting at the same time, all the weight is on the front!! making the rear brake useless... if you are backing into a corner sometimes you might need to control the speed of the rear wheel with the rear brake.. try that in GPB... you go down!!!

Couldn't have said it better myself :P
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

h106frp

Quote from: doubledragoncc on February 07, 2015, 08:52:33 PM
H its not about ONLY using a rear brake for stopping. Its about using it for control. I bet most who put rear braking down have never really used it and dont even know how to properly in different situations!!!

DD
More an observation of how relatively weak the braking is on the rear, even on a gp bike- no argument that it can be used to steady in a corner or regulate the bike when the fronts airborne :) but its absolute stopping power is low compared to whats on the front, and the suspension is always against the rear brake doing much to slow the bike down. Digital control (as in sim button) make it difficult to use with any finesse.

HornetMaX

Quote from: h106frp on February 07, 2015, 08:06:49 PM
Hmm....
2 of these

against 1 of these

And the rear tyre has a bigger contact patch too (which means you'll need a bigger braking force before being able to lock it).

BTW, why using a button for the rear brake guys !?  :o

MaX.

BOBR6 84

left trigger is front brake, right trigger is throttle, left stick is steering and lean forward/back, right stick is clutch! X button is rear brake.. Clutch is more important  :)

HornetMaX

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on February 07, 2015, 09:38:52 PM
right stick is clutch! X button is rear brake.. Clutch is more important  :)
Why only clutch on right stick ? You can have both clutch and rear brake on a single stick axis (e.g. clutch up, rear brake down) ...

MaX.

BOBR6 84

man i think a full motion simulator is needed lol.

so many things about riding a bike which is just not possible to simulate.. what about the phenomenon (that how its spelt?  :-[) that is the bike will follow your eyes.... your body movements all react to where you are looking! it just happens.. cant do that with a pad. or a handlebar setup or anything other than riding a real bike.

BOBR6 84

Quote from: HornetMaX on February 07, 2015, 09:42:31 PM
Quote from: BOBR6 84 on February 07, 2015, 09:38:52 PM
right stick is clutch! X button is rear brake.. Clutch is more important  :)
Why only clutch on right stick ? You can have both clutch and rear brake on a single stick axis (e.g. clutch up, rear brake down) ...

MaX.

i tap the button now and again.. its enough. if GPB let me i wouldnt use it at all lol. apart from the mod bikes from gpbikes italia most other bikes turn like a bus lol

anyway my xbox pad sucks, i have to pull back after using the clutch otherwise its still slightly engaged lol

HornetMaX

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on February 07, 2015, 10:00:39 PM
i tap the button now and again.. its enough.
Depends how much you use it. But if you have it on a button, no wonder you don't use it a lot ;)

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on February 07, 2015, 10:00:39 PM
anyway my xbox pad sucks, i have to pull back after using the clutch otherwise its still slightly engaged lol
Yeah, centering is poor. But a bit of deadzone wil lsolve the issue.

MaX.

JJS209

Quote from: doubledragoncc on February 07, 2015, 08:52:33 PM
H its not about ONLY using a rear brake for stopping. Its about using it for control. I bet most who put rear braking down have never really used it and dont even know how to properly in different situations!!!

DD

i use it when i have e.g. kickback on high speeds

doubledragoncc

You guys always do this..............

Its not about your opinions, to be honest it is purely just that. This thread is for those of us who use the rear brake requesting that it is made stronger, not to debate what you all think and if its needed. In real life you have a good rear brake to use and can if you want, in GPB right now the rear brake is practically useless, therefore unrealistic!!!!

We the "Back brake users" simply want it fixed, so can we just have it please without the "Non rear brake users" telling us and deciding for us that we dont need it. I dont tell you you should use it so stop telling me I should not. I want the choice as in real life its that simple.

Sorry but it always gets to be such a debate when someone simply makes a request for something real and those who dont agree with it get up in arms and all godly about their riding style.

I have my riding style and want to be able to use it in GPB but cant, this makes it not a true simulator if it stays this way!!!!

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

WALKEN

As I said, isn't GPBikes designed on real world physics?  If so the rear brake must be right?

There is a big difference between Valentino Rossi's input to his engineers and us button smashers.

There are opinions then there is reality.  If GPBikes is a translation of an opinion then it might as well be an arcade game.

Personally I use rear brake but correct me if that is the wrong way around? I guess you can settle it by finding out who the fastest around the tracks are and that style of riding regardless if its right or wrong.  In the real world I suppose Honda has it right in terms of physics matched with style of the team.

Then there is the saying "defying the laws of physics"
Help me, help you!

doubledragoncc

Thanks Walken well put. I use analog only and my rear brake is soooooooo weak, I might as well only have digital to FEEL it as ON!!! I need to be able to feather it properly and I cant with the amount of rear brake I have, its as if it really is an old Honda C50 rear drum brake on a bloody 1000cc racer lol, F that in real life. Try riding 16 hours in snow covered roads with no rear brake and see how far the front brake only crew get!!! I know there is no snow in GPB but there is rain and I like me rear in the rain lol.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

BOBR6 84

Lol well I respect everybodys opinion.. Id never say im right, or others are wrong. Just being honest about what I think. Same as everybody else lol.

Anyway, I tried with rear brake set to right stick analogue... Holy shit its mint!! Lol.

Nowt wrong with the rear brake lol.

The fact is though the rear brake has piss poor braking power on any bike.. So its used for alot of ''other'' things.. Stability, traction, scrubbing speed, anti-wheelie etc etc..

Sure, road riding its used alot more.. But, big speed difference.

Fire away!!  ;D