• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.
 
December 04, 2020, 11:50:56 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)


TrackED BUG?

Started by Hawk, February 10, 2015, 11:24:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

Hi Piboso.

When I loaded the "marshals" file into your latest version of "TrackED", I noticed that the actual marshal figures are not showing on track, they just show as a solid coloured box in "TrackED".

I tried the previous version of "TrackED" and the marshal figures showed up fine.

Just thought I'd let you know.  ;)

Hawk.

PiBoSo

Have you set the "Models Path"?
"Obviously your ambition outweighs your talent".

Hawk

Quote from: PiBoSo on February 11, 2015, 08:12:23 PM
Have you set the "Models Path"?

That sorted this problem out..... Brilliant! ;D

Thank you Piboso. Appreciated. ;)

Hawk.

Hawk

When creating the "marshals" file in TrackED, I noticed that the "Flagman" wouldn't delete when I right clicked on him and selected delete.

Hawk.

PiBoSo

Quote from: Hawk_UK on March 18, 2015, 12:23:54 AM
When creating the "marshals" file in TrackED, I noticed that the "Flagman" wouldn't delete when I right clicked on him and selected delete.

Hawk.

It's not really a bug, because the flagman is not meant to be deleted.
Why would you want to have no flagman?
"Obviously your ambition outweighs your talent".

Hawk

Quote from: PiBoSo on March 19, 2015, 04:21:40 PM
Quote from: Hawk_UK on March 18, 2015, 12:23:54 AM
When creating the "marshals" file in TrackED, I noticed that the "Flagman" wouldn't delete when I right clicked on him and selected delete.

Hawk.

It's not really a bug, because the flagman is not meant to be deleted.
Why would you want to have no flagman?

It's just that I accidently placed the "Flagman" in the totally wrong place miles away from were I wanted him placing, and I just wanted to delete him so I could start again in the correct place. It would just be more user friendly to have this ability to delete him.

May I also say that it would also be more user friendly to be able to delete the Dynamic Track Surface and Centerline from a previously saved ".trp" file, either after generating/merging them, or also when loading a previously saved ".trp" file that already has them generated/merged. This would save having to export the files again from 3DS Max or Maya if needed to update or start over from a fresh file. :)

Hawk.

Yohji

TrackEDVer1.16 has bug?
when I ues thi ver and I made centerline & merge it. next, genelate surface... freeze  :'(
I tried many times, and other trp files, but also freeze...

whats wrong? and if you can, plz reshere old ver of Tracked?

Hawk

Quote from: Yohji on April 02, 2015, 02:37:15 PM
TrackEDVer1.16 has bug?
when I ues thi ver and I made centerline & merge it. next, genelate surface... freeze  :'(
I tried many times, and other trp files, but also freeze...

whats wrong? and if you can, plz reshere old ver of Tracked?

Yes. I've just tested too and I'm also getting a crash every time I try and generate a dynamic track surface.

I never noticed it before as I don't generate the Dynamic Track Surface simply because it causes instability online compared to tracks without.

Hawk.
PS: Also happens with 1.11 with some tracks and not others.

PiBoSo

April 02, 2015, 08:27:57 PM #8 Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 08:31:02 PM by PiBoSo
Track tools updated to fix the TrackEd crash when generating the surface:
http://www.gp-bikes.com/?page=downloads
"Obviously your ambition outweighs your talent".

Hawk

April 03, 2015, 07:24:38 AM #9 Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 07:30:26 AM by Hawk UK
Quote from: PiBoSo on April 02, 2015, 08:27:57 PM
Track tools updated to fix the TrackEd crash when generating the surface:
http://www.gp-bikes.com/?page=downloads

Thanks Piboso... Will test later today.

Appreciate your very speedy response and fix for this bug. Brilliant!!  ;D 8)

Hawk.

Hawk

Now I'm just wondering if the fix for the Dynamic Track Surface you made in TrackED, Piboso, has maybe also possibly fixed the Dynamic Track Surface online instability problem we were having?? Would that be possible or was it just specific to TrackED and wouldn't affect anything else in the workings of GP Bikes?

We'll have to test tracks again with Dynamic Surface and see what the results are.  ;)

Hawk.

PiBoSo

Quote from: Hawk UK on April 03, 2015, 08:07:23 AM
Now I'm just wondering if the fix for the Dynamic Track Surface you made in TrackED, Piboso, has maybe also possibly fixed the Dynamic Track Surface online instability problem we were having?? Would that be possible or was it just specific to TrackED and wouldn't affect anything else in the workings of GP Bikes?

We'll have to test tracks again with Dynamic Surface and see what the results are.  ;)

Hawk.

No changes in GP Bikes.
"Obviously your ambition outweighs your talent".

Hawk

Just tested TrackED:

The Dynamic Surface Generation seems to work okay now except for one track, "Classic Daytona 200 V0.81_NDS". I'm wondering if it's because of the steep banking on this track causing a problem?

Hawk.

Yohji

Quote from: PiBoSo on April 02, 2015, 08:27:57 PM
Track tools updated to fix the TrackEd crash when generating the surface:
http://www.gp-bikes.com/?page=downloads

thx! piboso!

Cory_Hayes.11

When are plugin's for 3ds 2012 - 2013 - 2014 and 2015 coming out?
YEAH BOIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII