• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 01:51:11 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

RIDE - Gameplay

Started by rodney007, February 14, 2015, 07:09:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rodney007

February 14, 2015, 07:09:08 PM Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 07:15:55 PM by rodney007

Hawk

"Looks good" being the operative words here..... Physics look crap; probably better off buying MotoGP2014(not much better, but eh). Lol

Really don't know why your even entertaining such a gimmicky bike game. It'll be like all the others; plenty of eye-candy to draw the pundits in but will have absolutely no substance.  :P

Hawk.

matty0l215

But i get to ride the fancy looking bike flat out! ;) ;)

For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

doubledragoncc

February 14, 2015, 08:19:09 PM #3 Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 08:30:57 PM by doubledragoncc
I saw it a while back and just could not be bothered to post the crap. Its typical milestone shite, no physics and just give gas and dont worry. They will never learn. Its a kids game and nothing more.

Alan from VVV is big on old games and does not care about realism as he states in many of his reviews. This is another, crash from one barrier to the other, not fall off and still win BS. Milestone should be ashamed to fob this pile of shit on paying customers in 2015!!!

All hail Piboso!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just saying  8)

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

rodney007

Looks better than GP14 physics. looks like it has potential.

doubledragoncc

Come on rodney you cant be serious with that statement apart from ANYTHING will have better physics than GP14, shit my turds have more physics involved in them!!!!

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

BOBR6 84

il be playin!!  ;) nice to av some flat out fun now and again  :P

besides.. its a bike game! only milestone and piboso keeping the damn things goin!!

matty0l215

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on February 14, 2015, 08:45:12 PM
il be playin!!  ;) nice to av some flat out fun now and again  :P

HEATHEN! >:(
For faster responses, please visit the discord server- HERE

girlracerTracey

February 15, 2015, 03:31:22 PM #8 Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 03:35:21 PM by girlracerTracey
Quote from: doubledragoncc on February 14, 2015, 08:19:09 PM
This is another, crash from one barrier to the other, not fall off and still win BS.

That's on "arcade" setting to be fair DD. Same thing happened in the old gp500 pc game on arcade setting.

I am reserving judgement on this one. I will sample it and see..

We are talking about different genres here though. Motogp14 and RIDE are mainstream console based games. The remit was never to produce a game with full simulation physics. For the simple reason a game with full-on simulation physics on mainstream console release wouldn't sell terribly well..

gpbikes by comparison is designed to be a simulator and is very much a work in progress..

You cannot in my opinion really make direct comparisons between the two. The design briefs are completely different. I think that's the truth here.

But make no mistake motogp14 races extremely well online (faults in the collisions model notwithstanding) as a "simcade" racer. I think the fact that we are talking about a simplified (read "easier" & less realistic) & easier to master physics model by its nature does produce very competitive & close racing. Of course some are pushing Milestone to make the physics model more challenging in certain areas. To push it more towards a simulation..we are talking to the head of the Milestone Development team about this at this very moment. But I don't expect any miracles..

The truth is there are presently flaws in the gpbikes physics model also. They need to be ironed out. In this respect gpbikes in certain specific areas lacks realism also atm as we all know.
There is also the core.exe problem. This is why a few ppl are taking a sabbatical from gpbikes just at the moment. No doubt they will return in the future when things have been resolved.

But different genres guys. One is a "simulator" the other is a game. Never the twain will meet in truth.

I personally believe that if Milestone wanted to they could quite easily move their physics model more towards the simulation end of the spectrum. Not to match PiBoSo's work but at least to move more towards that direction. Milestone have no intention of doing this however.

This old video I think proves the fact. SBK2001 by Milestone is not gpbikes but it was and is closer to gpbikes than motogp14 I think. By design. 

https://www.youtube.com/v/V7Wq7tc-5_I

grT  ;)

h106frp

As long as they do not try to sell it as 'a real riding experience' or 'challenging simulation' or whatever other guff they come out with. Fed up with being sold a load of hype  only to load it up and find its pretty but dull.

iVolution

Quote from: girlracerTracey on February 15, 2015, 03:31:22 PM
Quote from: doubledragoncc on February 14, 2015, 08:19:09 PM
This is another, crash from one barrier to the other, not fall off and still win BS.
grT  ;)
Spot on as always, +1 for the sbk2001 reference

WALKEN

Regardless of the target market, the interpretation of physics are that of an opinion of what feels right bridging the gap of virtual vs reality.

GP500 and MotoGP 1 (Climax) were good examples of fun vs reality.  Modern developers have lost sight in my theory of remote controlled toy bike that is 99.9% used in third person.

Good example of fun physics-         http://www.miniracingonline.com/index.php?Lenguaje=en

or-   http://www.amazon.com/RC-Cars-PC/dp/B00017JJ8Q

Anything in 3rd person is not simulation unless it is remote controlled simulation. 

The idea of a crossover in todays designs are an abomination oppose to what was once on the right path.

Playing any of the console racing games is like trying to learn guitar with guitar hero.
Help me, help you!

girlracerTracey

I don't think they would dare h106frp..!  ;) Having said that Polphony called their arcade game "Tourist Trophy" the "Real Riding Simulator".

This amounts to nothing more than semantics really. Milestone are no different to any other developer in this respect. Better than most perhaps in not making false claims? Certainly better in this respect than Polyphony that's for certain.. !!!!

Really the same could be argued to apply to gpbikes. How do you accurately describe gpbikes? As a "simulator" I would suggest. But in terms of whether or not gpbikes is a "100% accurate "simulator" " that I would suggest is another matter entirely. By definition the degree of accuracy and the realistic feel of any "simulator" is down to (expert) subjective opinion. A consensus of expert subjective opinion ideally. After all one is talking about a simulation here and not real life.

Don't get me wrong I think gpbikes has huge potential but irrespective of the design of the physics model and the input of accurate real world data the end result is still subject to the scrutiny of individuals who are intimately conversant with and who have experienced the real life event or activity that is being simulated. Hence with the design of the F1 simulators the expert verdict and opinion of real life F1 racers is considered to be of paramount importance.

But no I agree Milestone certainly cannot sensibly make such claims in relation to Motogp14 or RIDE.  ;D

grT

Docfumi

Quote from: WALKEN on February 15, 2015, 05:49:07 PM
Playing any of the console racing games is like trying to learn guitar with guitar hero.

Statement of the century.  ;)
I didn't lose the race, I ran out of laps.

BOBR6 84

I think this age old debate is pointless here..

Gpbikes is ''trying'' working towards being a simulator.. Its not a simulator as of yet.. Beta3 was great but since then other things like, lean angle rev changes etc have been added!

So.. What does that make beta3 and all the other beta's?

The real question is will any of us get the oportunity to judge the final product with a state of the art full motion simulator?