• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:45:52 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

MaxSCL - A tool to edit .scl files (engine sounds)

Started by HornetMaX, February 22, 2015, 01:07:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warlock

Hey , i missed this one, thank you man.
Don't worry , take your time, in the meantime i'm working the old fashioned spreadsheet way  :P

HornetMaX

v1.2 out:

• Now compatible with GPB beta8
  • Now compatible with MXB beta4

Hawk

h106frp

Just found out you can only have 10 samples in a layer. More than this and it will not play the higher number samples - just silence in game even though it works in MaxSCL

andrea.fiorelli

Maaax...this tool doeasn't work with beta 12...pleeease, update it

HornetMaX

Quote from: andrea.fiorelli on September 02, 2017, 01:33:27 PM
Maaax...this tool doeasn't work with beta 12...pleeease, update it
Right, PiBoSo has changed a tiny thing  in the referencing of the tyres data in the bike's .cfg, so I need to have a look.

HornetMaX

v1.3 out:

• Now compatible with GPB beta12
  • Not compatible with MXB beta6: keep on using v1.2 for that

Hawk

Thanks Max! Speedy update as always mate... Much appreciated!  ;D 8)

Manu

September 03, 2017, 09:58:22 AM #54 Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 10:01:56 AM by Manu
Quote from: HornetMaX on September 02, 2017, 11:05:09 PM
v1.3 out:

• Now compatible with GPB beta12
  • Not compatible with MXB beta6: keep on using v1.2 for that

Hi Max.

The MaxSCL v1.3 try to open the old .cfg tyre file in the same directory of the bike and can't be open the .scl

GP Bikes Beta 12 change the tyre files to a new "tyres" folder separate of the bike folder.
It's Easier to Fool People Than It Is to Convince Them That They Have Been Fooled.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Manu on September 03, 2017, 09:58:22 AM
Hi Max.

The MaxSCL v1.3 try to open the old .cfg tyre file in the same directory of the bike and can't be open the .scl
Hi Manu,
it was like this in the previous version too: you have to have all the needed files in the same folder. These are:

• the bike's .cfg and all its .engn files
  • the tyre's .cfg and all the .tyre files
  • all the bike's .scl files and .wav files

I'd advise to copy these files to a separate folder and une MaxSCL in that folder. Once done, copy back the .scl (the only thing MaxSCL changes) to the real bike folder.
If MXB beta5 uses the same conventions as GPB beta12 (very likely) and there's no new stuff, I may look into making MaxSCL work directly from GPB folders (bit of a PITA now that we have a separate mods folder, eventually).

uberslug

This may seem like a silly question, but, how does one use this tool on the *.pkz bike files?

HornetMaX

Quote from: uberslug on September 03, 2017, 11:06:07 AM
This may seem like a silly question, but, how does one use this tool on the *.pkz bike files?
You unzip the .pkz somewhere.

Manu

Quote from: HornetMaX on September 03, 2017, 10:09:18 AM
Quote from: Manu on September 03, 2017, 09:58:22 AM
Hi Max.

Hi Manu,
it was like this in the previous version too: you have to have all the needed files in the same folder. These are:

• the bike's .cfg and all its .engn files
  • the tyre's .cfg and all the .tyre files
  • all the bike's .scl files and .wav files

I'd advise to copy these files to a separate folder and une MaxSCL in that folder. Once done, copy back the .scl (the only thing MaxSCL changes) to the real bike folder.
If MXB beta5 uses the same conventions as GPB beta12 (very likely) and there's no new stuff, I may look into making MaxSCL work directly from GPB folders (bit of a PITA now that we have a separate mods folder, eventually).

But Beta 12 don't work like this.

beta 12:

the bike's .cfg and all its .engn files (same folder as bike)
the tyre's .cfg and all the .tyre files (new tyres folder separate of bike folder) new in beta 12
all the bike's .scl files and .wav files (same folder as bike)
It's Easier to Fool People Than It Is to Convince Them That They Have Been Fooled.

uberslug

Somewhere in the dark recesses of my mind I remember using PKZip and, I think, it had the option of using the pkz extension. I recently googled pkz and it came back with 'Winoncd Images Mask File'. I typically use 7-Zip and it unpacked fine. I just saw where simply renaming the *.zip file to *.pkz works when stitching it all back together.

Thank you for your patience.