• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Alternate way of doing the center/best line

Started by pleclair, May 02, 2015, 06:44:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pleclair

Ok, so if I understood correctly, I did all the steps (except the cameras and marshall which you mention) that ricco mentions.  I have my rdf for wrs and I extracted the default track already, copied the default files in my track folder in tracks, deleted the .map, .trp, .rdf and renamed the victoria.xxx to my track name.

So at this point, all I would need to do to get it in GPB would be to copy my track dir over to gpb track dir, open it in tracked, and generate race data for gpb, selecting bikes instead of cars?

Before I start tracked, should I delete the .rdf or I can simply press bike and save it?

Thanks for helping out!

pleclair

I just tried to copy my track folder from WRS to GPB.  Then with tracked, I loaded the .trp in that dir, loaded the rdf, then selected gp bikes with the radio selection button, and in grids, I chose bikes instead of cars, which set the grid to tighter spacing. 

Saved it, and tried it in GPB, and it still crashes.

You sure that GPB support at least 410 segments already? 

How is there exporter packaging meshes?  This track have a lot of objects.  Over 3000, so if the engine also have an objects limitation, this could be a problem as well.  I have read that the engine don't mind if the terrain is split into 10000 pieces or 1 performance wise.  So, I dunno.  This shouldn't be a problem, but anyone tried such a large number of objects before?

RiccoChicco

If your track is working correctly in WRS, it should work directly with GPB without having to make changes (at least to ride on it, timing will not work).

Upload your trp, your tcl and your rdf somewhere, I'll have a look if necessary  :)

Quote from: pleclair on May 03, 2015, 01:16:58 PM

You sure that GPB support at least 410 segments already? 

PiBoSo talked to increase this limit few months ago, not sure it has been implemented though.

Quote from: pleclair on May 03, 2015, 01:16:58 PM
How is there exporter packaging meshes?  This track have a lot of objects.  Over 3000, so if the engine also have an objects limitation, this could be a problem as well.  I have read that the engine don't mind if the terrain is split into 10000 pieces or 1 performance wise.  So, I dunno.  This shouldn't be a problem, but anyone tried such a large number of objects before?

Yep, PiBoSo confirmed that. Not objects limitation, and I'm pretty sure that's not the problem since the TT Mini has a huge number of objects too and is running very well.

pleclair

Actually, it isn't working in WRS.  It only supports 285 segments, and I have 410. 

However, Hawk mentioned that GPB supported more segments, so I wanted to see if I could get it to run there while waiting for the WRS update.

But seems it doesn't work. 

I see the app is 32bit.  This could be an issue when I have the full scene in.  At the moment, I only exported every terrain objects only.  Wanted to test out with this first, as the scene is huge.  About 20kmx20km.  And since it needs a large view distance so we can see the built mountains instead of having cardboard mountains, I wanted to make sure it could deal with this before adding everything.

Cause this scene doesn't run in rFactor 1 32bit without the 4gb patch.

Since I do not have the full scene yet, and far from it, I have checked memory usage while gpb tries to load the track, and it already uses 2gb at most, then drops to 1.6, and goes from 1.6 to 1.7 then crash.

So for the moment, memory isnt an issue, but will likely be when I add all trees/bushes/grasses, objects, guardrails, fences... etc...

At the moment, I'm upload the ground textures to mega, and I'm at 40%.  I will finish this first, then upload the required files to mega and give you the link to it.  Cause if I abort the transfer now, I will have to resume, and mega will check for every file and skip them since it's already there.. that process will take a while since I already have 40%.. so I'll wait till its done.

dibu

Quote from: pleclair on May 03, 2015, 01:46:05 PM
Actually, it isn't working in WRS.  It only supports 285 segments, and I have 410. 
I don't know anything about the max segments in KRP but maybe it's worth a test because it's the newest release.

pleclair

Funny you mention this, cause I was thinking the very same.  The FFB in kart is highly different then in the others.  I believed it's engine must have been the newest.

Seriously, I would highly suggest to Piboso to change his current model.

Make one sim, give it a good name that let people know it includes all motorsports categories, and sell the cars/bikes/karts in packages.  And let people buy a bundle package, the ultimate or extreme version that includes everything.

Then, its all a matter of working on one engine (that anyway all games use), and updating the vehicles after works on physics is done or to fix bugs, whatever... just like ISI does with rF2 actually.  Usually, things are somewhat backward compatible, up to a certain degree.

Since bike and cars share pretty much the same tracks, then the base package which would include the sim, should includes the regular tracks.  And when you get the most expensive kart package, you get the kart tracks as well.

I believe this would highly help with people hopping in the game... and would help development of all categories. 

And also, forums would be consolidated in one place, with one username/password, and I think that would be for the best of all titles... since someone who visit kartracing might not be aware of the others...  unless he digs up a bit.  But there is a chance he doesnt get to know about it.  Same for kart, while browsing wrs website/forum...  Unless you find a thread that link to the other... you might never know...

I will give krp a try then :)  I'm currently trying to convert ac's silverstone for wrs/gpb, to see if that works, and to get familiar with the process since I cannot work on the nord right now.  I will likely convert quite a few tracks for wrs if I can manage to get one done properly.  WRS dont have enough love :P