• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.
 
June 27, 2019, 12:25:51 am

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)


Round 5 - Albacete

Started by Alby46, May 11, 2015, 07:39:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JJS209

May 13, 2015, 01:36:04 pm #30 Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 01:38:52 pm by JJS209
3       Races and unexpierenced riders
3.1    A race, especially in championships, takes a lot of effort and time to prepare for.
         At first you need to learn the track, practise on it, find a working setup for the race and anotherone for the qualifying.
         Keep in mind, that a lot of riders invested a lot of time in these preparations!
         In case you are new to GP Bikes and want to take part on a championships to get fully into it and make raceexpierences thre are a couple of things that need to be respected.
         In training and qualifying you will see the laptimes of the other participating riders. Regarding to these times you can decide how fast or slow you are.
         With this comparison you should be able to assume how oftern you will get overtaken in the following race.
         Also check how many falls you make in average on a lap and consider that too.
         At the racestart and in the following first turns you need to be extremly careful and respectful with the surrounding riders!
         Take a wide line if its necessary to avoide an incident!
         Leave the track if you made a mistake that results in an accident with another rider!
         Try to prevent every contact with others and be fair!


* conducted in a constructive spirit

Napalm Nick

And, like me, consider not joining in at such a high level, when you know you are a threat and liability to ruin other peoples races!

During practice I noticed I was 8 seconds off the leaders pace and falling a lot.  So I made a sensible decision and decided not to run  -   I wished the racers a good championship and left to get back on the scooter lol.  ;)


"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

skerp

Quote from: JJS209 on May 13, 2015, 01:36:04 pm
3       Races and unexpierenced riders
3.1    A race, especially in championships, takes a lot of effort and time to prepare for.
         At first you need to learn the track, practise on it, find a working setup for the race and anotherone for the qualifying.
         Keep in mind, that a lot of riders invested a lot of time in these preparations!
         In case you are new to GP Bikes and want to take part on a championships to get fully into it and make raceexpierences thre are a couple of things that need to be respected.
         In training and qualifying you will see the laptimes of the other participating riders. Regarding to these times you can decide how fast or slow you are.
         With this comparison you should be able to assume how oftern you will get overtaken in the following race.
         Also check how many falls you make in average on a lap and consider that too.
         At the racestart and in the following first turns you need to be extremly careful and respectful with the surrounding riders!
         Take a wide line if its necessary to avoide an incident!
         Leave the track if you made a mistake that results in an accident with another rider!
         Try to prevent every contact with others and be fair!


* conducted in a constructive spirit


+1

JJS209

Quote from: Napalm Nick on May 13, 2015, 01:43:11 pm
And, like me, consider not joining in at such a high level, when you know you are a threat and liability to ruin other peoples races!

During practice I noticed I was 8 seconds off the leaders pace and falling a lot.  So I made a sensible decision and decided not to run  -   I wished the racers a good championship and left to get back on the scooter lol.  ;)


+1

Quote from:  José N. Harris"Waiting hurts. Forgetting hurts. But not knowing which decision to take can sometimes be the most painful..."

andrea.fiorelli

Quote from: giorjoe on May 13, 2015, 11:22:49 am
Yesterday race 2 first lap i have crash with marco fiorelli... I'm really sorry and ask to value episode. I'm ready for penality and sorry again


No problem giorjoe, for us no problem. Apologize accepted!!!
VDA team.

giorjoe

Thanks team vda, for me no usually crash with other riders but yesterday happened

ALEale

Quote from: Napalm Nick on May 13, 2015, 01:43:11 pm
And, like me, consider not joining in at such a high level, when you know you are a threat and liability to ruin other peoples races!

During practice I noticed I was 8 seconds off the leaders pace and falling a lot.  So I made a sensible decision and decided not to run  -   I wished the racers a good championship and left to get back on the scooter lol.  ;)


+10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Gzehoo

At the end of it all... are you going to add me on blacklist?
At this moment inactive.
I lost any motivation to play GP Bikes :/

ghostchild

could be useful to make a time attack night to qualify for the championship? .... 15/18 fastest can participate, with a maximum difference in the lap time from fastest riders to be observed  :)

ALEale

Quote from: Gzehoo on May 13, 2015, 07:23:14 pm
At the end of it all... are you going to add me on blacklist?


No blacklist is not the solution... The staff think you're not ready to do a championship... ;) nothing with your person...

ALEale

Quote from: ghostchild on May 13, 2015, 07:49:43 pm
could be useful to make a time attack night to qualify for the championship? .... 15/18 fastest can participate, with a maximum difference in the lap time from fastest riders to be observed  :)


Yeah it's a great solution... On the other championship will be the first rule :)

Alby46

Still riding a 50cc, but enjoying it :)

andrea.fiorelli

Quote from: ghostchild on May 13, 2015, 07:49:43 pm
could be useful to make a time attack night to qualify for the championship? .... 15/18 fastest can participate, with a maximum difference in the lap time from fastest riders to be observed  :)


+1

Maybe me and my teammate would not be returned in the first 18 but is an excellent solution!!!

fabio93bg

we did it in the previous champ, in this ne se didin't because we wanted to give the possibility to partecipate with a pre-formed team: maybe, with the qualify, one of the team would pass, the other one no

C21

Sorry to interrupt  ;)
Some suggestions....

Kicking out of the championship is hard and in my opinion too harsh.
We all know in the heat of the race the brake point could easily missed and a incident is unavoidable. i would suggest a penalty of this type: 
- One incident ->  start next race from pitlane.
- 2nd incident -> Miss one race
- 3rd or more incidents -> it should be ok to kick him if he did not learn from his penalties.

looking at the race schedules:
All of the competitors were driving alone except Loopatelli and davide. No real close battles....
Does it really make fun to race?
How many of you can race a full lap distance without a fall?
I apprecciate your efforts every time i see a new championship going on but i wonder where you get your motivations?
I don´t race (in the past and now) because i can´t compete a full race (12 laps) without 10 or more falls......and that´s really embarrassing.
Qualifiying makes fun to squeeze the last 1/10 of a second to get a better starting position but what is a 2nd or 5th starting position worth knowing that finishing the race on that position will be impossible?

QuoteDuring practice I noticed I was 8 seconds off the leaders pace and falling a lot.  So I made a sensible decision and decided not to run

There should be more of this type of racers!
My deepest admiration for that decission!!
# Member of the CAWS Racing Team #