• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 04:07:43 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Redirecting RIDE users to here

Started by pleclair, May 12, 2015, 01:31:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOBR6 84

Oh well.. im enjoying gpb alot at the moment, great racing online and some great championships happening.. at a good level too! i had concerns about the latest beta's but i stuck with it.. in the process realized the physics are actually pretty damn good to be fair! sure still lots of work to be done.. actually, a monumental amount of work  :D but i just accepted its a slow moving project that cost me peanuts to enjoy.. i would like to see the likes of jamoZ, stout, warlock, peter and all the original guys enjoying it too!  :(

doubledragoncc

Come on Max, RIDE has better physics than SEGA, its more like The Cycles for Amiga, check out this hot video of pure real life bike physics dude, even has first person on board view!

https://www.youtube.com/v/NX7n2s7zct8

Thats how good RIDES physics are lol. I actually made my first controller for this game!

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

JamoZ

I`m still here because i can`t live without you  ::)

HornetMaX

Quote from: JamoZ on May 16, 2015, 11:54:28 AM
I`m still here because i can`t live without you  ::)
Your answer may displease Piboso., but hey ...

MaX.

Abigor

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on May 15, 2015, 09:52:14 PM
Oh well.. im enjoying gpb alot at the moment, great racing online and some great championships happening.. at a good level too! i had concerns about the latest beta's but i stuck with it.. in the process realized the physics are actually pretty damn good to be fair! sure still lots of work to be done.. actually, a monumental amount of work  :D but i just accepted its a slow moving project that cost me peanuts to enjoy.. i would like to see the likes of jamoZ, stout, warlock, peter and all the original guys enjoying it too!  :(
Beta 6 is the worst thing ever......in beta 3 and 4 i play this game every day now i dont play it at all.......the front wheal is killing this game ......imagine to play Assetto Corsa and in slow corners you car will jump like crazy and then you go to Assetto Corsas FORUM and read that people like it  :o .......well i don't know about you but for me it is NOT REAL to lose the "front" of a bike that easy in slow corners...... it is much easier to ride a bike in real life ON THE LIMIT than it is to play beta 6

BOBR6 84

well i dont really have any issues anymore.. if you don't play how do you know??  :)

i understand what you are saying.. i started playing from beta3, but looking back at beta3 the bikes were on rails in comparison.. sure easier to control.. everybody always bangs on about how easy real bikes are to ride at the limit.... that is a load of bollocks believe me.

anyway the 600's and sbk bikes etc (yes i know they are mod bikes) are really stable around slow corners.... i dont understand why people dont like it? lol

Hawk

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on May 16, 2015, 03:31:46 PM
well i dont really have any issues anymore.. if you don't play how do you know??  :)

i understand what you are saying.. i started playing from beta3, but looking back at beta3 the bikes were on rails in comparison.. sure easier to control.. everybody always bangs on about how easy real bikes are to ride at the limit.... that is a load of bollocks believe me.

anyway the 600's and sbk bikes etc (yes i know they are mod bikes) are really stable around slow corners.... i dont understand why people dont like it? lol

+1 Bob! Agree with everything you say there mate.  ;)

Abigor, I really don't understand were your coming from nowadays? If you ride the good bikes(MOD Bikes) on the good circuits you won't have a problem, but it sounds to me like your trying to ride default bikes on crap circuits? What's happening mate?  :)

Hawk.

HornetMaX

everybody always bangs on about how easy real bikes are to ride at the limit.... that is a load of bollocks believe me.
To me one of the thing that feels weird is that sometimes in GPB it's hard to ride even well below the limit. Sometimes it's kind of unpredictable.

MaX.

BOBR6 84

i dont have an answer for that one MaX lol  :D

these days i try (believe it or not lol) to not comment on this kind of stuff, purely because whatever anybody says, somebody else will have a completely different view of it lol. It goes around in circles... and with no feedback or input or anything from piboso.. what is the point?

i just try to enjoy what we have at the moment.. if you play it enough, the plus sides outweigh the negatives (for me personally). that's all i can really say.

Napalm Nick

I find the smaller the bike gets the worse the random front folds are. Its definitely a problem surely. I see people tuning it out with obscene suspension settings but its still there for a lot of people and doing that isn't right anyway!

I'm stuck in the middle of this discussion (well this hijacked bit), just giving my view as someone who experiences it straight in at B6 and no previous Beta comparisons. If my real bike was this unpredictable I would burn it lol. :D

I admire your approach Bob.  I agree the pluses massively outweigh the negatives and I have a bucket of fun! That is when I'm not sticking pins in my eyes after another fall.  ;D The fact there appears to be only this one bone of contention is great isn't it?
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

JJS209

+2

Warlock

Quote from: Napalm Nick on May 16, 2015, 04:13:35 PM
If my real bike was this unpredictable I would burn it lol. :D

lol exactly, ...not to mention on a track at motogp level, i can imagine Casey Stoner and some others cutting some heads off in pits, after a single lap.  ;D

BOBR6 84

:D we have great motorcycle physics, 600's, superbikes etc BUT ... motogp??

nah..

HornetMaX

Quote from: Warlock on May 17, 2015, 12:00:13 AM
Quote from: Napalm Nick on May 16, 2015, 04:13:35 PM
If my real bike was this unpredictable I would burn it lol. :D

lol exactly, ...not to mention on a track at motogp level, i can imagine Casey Stoner and some others cutting some heads off in pits, after a single lap.  ;D
Japanese engineers would probably commit hara-kiri even before the rider is back in the pits.
Not sure about italian ones though :)

MaX.

Warlock