• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 01:28:52 PM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

A little something before Le Mans...

Started by davidboda46, May 14, 2015, 03:58:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidboda46

Looking forward to #MotoGP in #LeMans? Here is a little something to get you in the mood. Recap of Jerez, update on Hanika penalty and Paolo Ciabatti explaining exactly what happened with Iannone at the start of the race. 

http://mythoughtsabout2wheels.blogspot.se/2015/05/kamikaze-corner.html

Enjoy,

Cheers.

/David "Gonzo" Boda #46

"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"

Napalm Nick

Nice read thank you.

When I want to change 'maps' I press a button on the SATNAV - I want these handlebar coloured buttons instead ;). Oh and linked brakes, and a chauffer.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

HornetMaX

QuoteRider safety solutions I can live with, but launch control has nothing to do with rider safety. Neither has corner to corner-traction control mapping.

Totally agree, at least on these two (I do like seamless gearboxes).

To be honest, launch control has some safety implications (a rider making a terrible start is indeed a danger), but it's marginal in my opinion.

MaX.

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on May 15, 2015, 09:32:16 AM
QuoteRider safety solutions I can live with, but launch control has nothing to do with rider safety. Neither has corner to corner-traction control mapping.

Totally agree, at least on these two (I do like seamless gearboxes).

To be honest, launch control has some safety implications (a rider making a terrible start is indeed a danger), but it's marginal in my opinion.

MaX.

I'd like to see push starts back in like the good old days..... Adds that extra spectacle to race start. Never heard anyone talking about the safety aspect of race starts in those days. Lol :P

Hawk.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Hawk UK on May 15, 2015, 12:36:36 PM
I'd like to see push starts back in like the good old days..... Adds that extra spectacle to race start. Never heard anyone talking about the safety aspect of race starts in those days. Lol :P
Maybe because push start from the side of the track were probably less dangerous than the current start (standing on the grid). Or maybe just because nobody cared about safety :)

Anyway, push start is used even today:

https://www.youtube.com/v/mxpmzTIuqb4

MaX.

Hawk

Brilliant Max!!  ;D ;D 8)

You see what a spectacle that is compared to what they do in MotoGP? I'd much rather see this kind of race start any day of the week! It's more exciting for the riders too in my opinion. ;D ;D

Too many do-gooders around nowadays spoiling things in the name of supposed safety. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for sensible safety aspects like large run-offs and safe circuits, etc, etc.... but push starts are just common sense safety, a responsibility all riders have total control of themselves, unlike crashing on a corner and hitting a concrete wall for instance were your life is in the lap of the Gods, so to speak.

Hawk.

HornetMaX

I'm not sure push starts have been removed for safety reasons. Would seem strange to me, for me they are (marginally) safer than grid starts.

MaX.

P.S.
Sorry david, we hijacked your (always interesting) post/article :)

davidboda46

No problem. Enjoying the conversation  :)
"THE EDGE... THERE IS NO HONEST WAY TO EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW WHERE IT IS ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE GONE OVER"