• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:26:11 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

GPBikes Owners Club | Aims

Started by Napalm Nick, May 16, 2015, 06:26:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Napalm Nick

May 16, 2015, 06:26:06 PM Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 08:29:07 AM by Napalm Nick
The GPBikes Owners Club - Beta Chapter

has been borne from the following racing Topics:
http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=2156.0 - Request for more races
http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=2160.0 - Preferred categories Poll
http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=2158.0 - Interest in more Racing events
http://forum.piboso.com/index.php?topic=2164.0 - Preferred days for more racing events.

It seems a long time coming and I apologise for this, as I have been attending to some sad family business these last few weeks, but now I am ready to try and give more attention and fun for my friends here (that's all of you  - even the one who 'disliked' my teaser video  >:( lol).

So what is intended?

Primarily, its just some more fun racing events for people to take part in - with the view of them being fun, mixed with a bit of a club atmosphere for a bit of fun bonding (not to be confused with 'Bondage').

How will we achieve this? - information on the decisions below will be in a separate topic with reasons and FAQs provided.

• Stakeholders meeting has just successfully finished and The Club has a home for now at - Mallory Park
  • The Club Secretary has acquired some old Leather jackets with Badass Logos on
  • There wont be any complicated rules - this is a WorldWide club - simplicity is the key
  • Race events will run under rules already established in other championships, maybe without the 'no chat' rule - giving a nice mix of fun and seriousness.
  • Anyone can 'join' - you join by taking part in a club event (see its not complicated).
  • Races here will be planned NOT TO CONFLICT with any championships that intend to be run, or are currently running.  With the recent implementation in championships of a finer 'cut' to see who makes the grid, we may run the same races for the slower guys at the same or different times. We will see how this progresses.
  • The success of The Club depends entirely on you, please take part.

What Race Events are planned?

• CUP RACING - consisting of Single Bike Model / Single Manufacture / 2/4 Stroke Racing etc
  • CATEGORY RACING - normal One Bike Category Races EG: STOCK1000
  • SPECIAL EVENT RACING - Any other races we want
Is there a Leaderboard?
Yes, points will be given for Racing to go on the 'Clubhouse Heroes Roll Call' plaque.

Is there any crazy club initiation process?
     hahaaha No but I'm not stopping you if you want to stick your head up a cows a*se. :o

Anything else of note?

No, just keep watching the Owners Club Childboard for more details. Suggestions considered.

"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Hawk

This all sounds really good Nick! Can't wait for the details and first event to start!  ;D 8)

I think it's a good idea of yours to hold a race event for the slower guys who don't qualify for the champ races on the same night as the champs are held. This will give the slower guys a chance to race too. Nice one!  ;)

Just a few ideas for Special Events:

• Hold a race were 2 strokes and 4 strokes race together in one event.
  • Hold a special event race of 50 laps.... A sort of endurance race. 

Hawk.

Napalm Nick

Thank you Hero Hawk!

And some really good race ideas - in fact I will start a topic now for race suggestions with your two on first.

I already have a plan for the first race coming soon  ;)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

JJS209

it is really great that you have organised this "club" mate!
thank you!!

Napalm Nick

Quote from: JJS209 on May 16, 2015, 07:37:10 PM
it is really great that you have organised this "club" mate!
thank you!!

Awww thanks JJ that's very kind. good for my motivation!  ;)

Meyer#12

Really cool initiative! I am for sure in Mate!
Meyer#12

Napalm Nick

Thank you Meyer very much appreciated  :)

Super Taranta !

I just can not believe we made it :) Really nice work guys. I love every one of you.
SuperTaranta #83