• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 04:37:05 AM

News:

GP Bikes beta21c available! :)

Race Tips | Session PAUSE at end of Qualification | Not in Use

Started by Napalm Nick, May 23, 2015, 09:57:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Napalm Nick

I hope (unless its a core.exe disaster) to use the server PAUSE function to capture Qualification positions during Club racing.

This will allow multiple restarts if armaggedons occur at race start without losing Qualification positions - we just restart the server and race again. It also gives us some other fun opportunities.

This is the schedule:

1. Practice session as normal.
2. Qualification session as normal.
3. After qualification session, leave the server and have 5 minute smoke break - I will program server with details and restart it.
4. Stub out fag and rejoin server.
5. When everyone is back we will go to the race.

Yes I know, its asking for trouble.  All I can ask is that you bear with us until its all been tested a few times. I think it will be worth it

On the day if it all goes wrong we will just run a normal race.

If you are thinking it all sounds a but complicated it is but not for you - you set a qually time, leave session and come back as soon as you see the server up again. Simples.  Its the server operator who will be sweating tears lol.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

LOOPATELI

You can also put a couple of minutes of warm up just in case the start goes wrong you skip to WU instead to the cuallifyibg session. But someone gets a core exe this doent work because oeople cant join the server on warm up

Napalm Nick

Good idea Loopa.  I am fearful of the cores.

I would also ask no-one tries to start a Poll during our race meetings at any time.  I have tested and see that it can cause a core in certain situations.  The admin will control the sessions.

From past races it would also be a good idea to stay away from watching replays whilst in any session.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

Hawk

Quote from: Napalm Nick on May 24, 2015, 12:13:20 PM
Good idea Loopa.  I am fearful of the cores.

I would also ask no-one tries to start a Poll during our race meetings at any time.  I have tested and see that it can cause a core in certain situations.  The admin will control the sessions.

From past races it would also be a good idea to stay away from watching replays whilst in any session.

Also a good idea to ask riders not to change bikes during any session too. This has been known to possibly cause core.exe's when there are two or more of the same rider listed in the session having used different bikes. A server restart solves this to clear the session rider list. Also a server restart maybe ten mins before the event start would help reduce chances of core.exe's.

Hawk.

Napalm Nick

All excellent points Hawk.

I will ensure server restarts are conducted prior to the race.

No-one should be changing bikes once the official Practice session has begun.

Napalm Nick

This thread will remain redundant until further revival some time in the future, maybe.