• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:22:41 AM

Bodywork changing ?

Started by r1rossi, May 25, 2015, 01:39:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

r1rossi

Good morning everyone,

I have a request and if its offending to anyone , please let me know and I apologize in advance.

I would like to know how to change bodywork off a bike created and use it on a different bike.

Example,

I would like to change the (ktm RC8 or the Yamaha R1) bodywork onto the Aprilia RSV4 sbk or Ducati 1098 sbk etc.

Or the Yamaha m1 body work onto the RCV2014 chassis etc.

Thanks

Please let me know :)

aboulger116

The way these bikes are modelled makes that borderline impossible (for you)

The models are exported from a 3D modelling program as a file you can't just move over to another bike folder.

So the only way it is possible is if you get the blend files or the 3ds Max files for 2 different bikes and modify the new body part to fix. And nobody needs these files. They're useless to most people. So you can't do it, your KTM RC8 panels are permanent.

Learn how to use 3DS Max then you can make your own bike and do whatever you want!

Hawk

The only way is like aboulger116 says: To get hold of the original source files and interchange and alter the bike model parts through a 3D app like 3ds Max or Maya or even Blender.  ;) :)

Hawk.

Daniel_F

that or u can pick up the gfx file and all the edf ones from the bike u want to copy and place it in the folder of the bike u want to replace?

Hawk

Quote from: Daniel_F on August 08, 2015, 12:37:00 AM
that or u can pick up the gfx file and all the edf ones from the bike u want to copy and place it in the folder of the bike u want to replace?

I'm sure you would soon run into problems of matching up(lining-up) different chassis parts(.edf) to different bikes swingarms, forks, suspensions, etc, etc, if you tried that. Unless you have tried it and it works out well? Not tried it myself.  :)

Hawk.