• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:31:28 AM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Opensource headtracker using mems gyros

Started by h106frp, May 25, 2015, 11:04:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HornetMaX

Quote from: doubledragoncc on June 02, 2015, 11:59:58 PM
@MAX, MSI Afterburner causes conflicts with many programs. I dont know why either but have found that many newer programs have major problems with MSI AB. Its a shame as it is a good program in many ways, and only in the last 6 months have I had this problem? If you figure it out, please tell.
Interesting. Which programs ?

Because for me OpenTrack is really the one and only that has a problem with AB (and the OpenTrack dev uses AfterBurner too and has no issue with it).

MaX.

doubledragoncc

Its mainly to do with overclocking issues in a lot of games. I used to have no problems  then updated MSI AF and it causes flimmering when overclocking the GPU in for gaming. I need to install an older version and test but too busy right now to worry. Will do it some time this week with luck. Fighting the 3D printer right now lol. ABS is a bitch to print in a small area lol.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

teeds

h106frp

Yes, i ordered the exact same one and it was in the post the same day. It was paid by paypal and all correspondence was with/to the paypal account holder via that contact e-mail.

I bough the 2 electronic boards from Hobby components as a pack - linked from EDtracker site, already had a micro USB cable.

I was very impressed by the service, but i do believe they have 2 or 3 different people processing orders. If you need help, the on line 'contact us' was answered very quickly.

Napalm Nick

"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

teeds

Quote from: h106frp on June 23, 2015, 07:55:52 AM
Yes, i ordered the exact same one and it was in the post the same day. It was paid by paypal and all correspondence was with/to the paypal account holder via that contact e-mail.

I bough the 2 electronic boards from Hobby components as a pack - linked from EDtracker site, already had a micro USB cable.

I was very impressed by the service, but i do believe they have 2 or 3 different people processing orders. If you need help, the on line 'contact us' was answered very quickly.

That's odd then as I have already tried the contact sheet to see if their out of stock or something but still nothing (and I've checked my junk folder).

Thanks for the link Nick, I'll try that as I have used a hotmail address.

Had all other components sitting here for 2 weeks, they look great! lol   ;)

Cheers guys

h106frp

June 23, 2015, 10:57:02 AM #36 Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 11:01:59 AM by h106frp
Website shows 465 unit available so i do not think its a stock issue.

As you will have not made any payment yet have you considered trying to order again? You can always explain it if the original order suddenly becomes active

For my order confirmation/email;

my order confirmation came through admin@edtracker.org.uk

and the contact was quoted as becky@edtracker.org.uk

Napalm Nick

Teeds that link does say that emails to Hotmail aren't even getting to the junk folder.

If you paid by PayPal then best to just check the transaction at PayPal website or whatever you used then you will know hope it helps  ;)
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"

h106frp

The system they use for ordering you do not paypal until you receive the order confirmation email so you need a working mail link.
Could just open a temporary gmail as this works OK.

Napalm Nick

teeds

Order now all paid for and on the way  :)

h106frp

Cool, it will be nice to see what someone else makes of it.

Just one tip, read through the included assembly instructions, they detail the easiest assembly sequence using the PCB. It is very easy to make it a little more awkward than necessary (yes, i found out the hard way  ;) )

Height wise the assembly is very tight in the included enclosure (i scraped the raised logo off the inside for a perfect fit) so check you have everything right before soldering. It is also easier to mark out the hole in the top of the case for drilling before you assemble the PCB as you can use it for a guide (yes, i found out the hard way - again ;) ) Pack out the length and width with foam if you do not have any tiny self tapping screws.

Originally i used a velcro strap to hold it to my headphone band then i found an old elasticated cable clamp that worked really well - really need to add (glue) a 'clip' of some sort to the case if using elastic bands.

Really need to get a few of these printed up - 3D print design/files are on the website. You can see the designer added band clips and sized the interior to be a custom snug fit to the board.

@DD any idea of the cost for printing?

The included firmware setup procedure is out of date, follow the you-tube video. Its pretty much automatic once the host program is installed to the PC and downloads the latest firmware directly to the device. You will want openlook and the updated .dll that MaX linked to get it working in GPB until  b7.

Some axis mapping selections to do for openlook i will post them to save you the confusion of trial and error  :)

Maximum head rotation with openlook seems to be about +-100 degrees, i guess this is because anything more would not be possible with optical tracking, hopefully we will be able to do 'over the shoulder' with native support  8)

teeds

Cheers H - noted, I'll come back and read again once I've got my mitts on the bits.

HornetMaX

Quote from: h106frp on June 23, 2015, 05:02:45 PM
Maximum head rotation with openlook seems to be about +-100 degrees, i guess this is because anything more would not be possible with optical tracking, hopefully we will be able to do 'over the shoulder' with native support  8)

Hmm weird, I seem to recall being able to look almost all the way back ... I'll have a look.

MaX.

doubledragoncc

Hi H I downloaded the stl files and will do a test print soon but I want to redo the model as the design is not perfect to print as it comes. I will let you know as soon as I print one up, wont be much.

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.