• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 04:04:21 PM

News:

World Racing Series beta14 available! :)

Windows 10 reservation notification

Started by h106frp, June 01, 2015, 09:45:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamoZ

All this yapping about keys...

KMS activator anyone?  ::)

HornetMaX

Quote from: JamoZ on August 07, 2015, 08:42:06 AM

The idea was to stay legal, if possible. After that, there are plenty of solutions, of course.

MaX.

h106frp

Quote from: BOBR6 84 on August 07, 2015, 12:36:27 AM
So.. Is all this inevitable?

God help me lol  ::)

I think its luck of the draw, but i would suggest going through the ISO burn bit from the MS website (amazingly painless)  first just in case windows update is as screwed as mine was. Then use this to update from inside your current install.
TIP:You do not want the 'N' options of the OS it will offer when you go to burn - these are feature limited to please the EU and you must choose the version that matches your current OS i.e. Home or Pro

The actual update process seems stable and fully automated once you finally get it started though.

The spare PC i tried it on was a fresh win7 install with all updates and it still had a few 'hiccups'. If updating i would suggest you do a normal system clean up and uninstall of most third party applications first then re-install fresh onto win10 though.

Good news GPB runs fine, quite well actually for a test system with built in graphics :) and the GPX controller detected and installed straight away.  :)

If you like Android/Apple tablet type environments you will like the integrated Store type stuff for music/movies/apps and its not too intrusive if you don't.

Overall, so far,  Win10 seems very responsive, boots quickly, looks nice and seems to have some neat new functions. Even the tile elements integrate nicely with the desktop and it does not feel like you must have a touch screen for it to work - hurrah for the desktop  :)

JamoZ

Quote from: HornetMaX on August 07, 2015, 09:04:41 AM
Quote from: JamoZ on August 07, 2015, 08:42:06 AM

The idea was to stay legal, if possible. After that, there are plenty of solutions, of course.

MaX.

Legal is boring...

HornetMaX

Now this, is outright illegal to me:

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/2425381/microsoft-is-downloading-windows-10-to-your-machine-just-in-case

I've heard (and seen first hand) about dumb moves from Microsoft, but this specific one has the potential to be a major blunder.
I do hope that the top executives that greenlighted this are instantly fired.

MaX.

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on September 11, 2015, 11:40:16 AM
Now this, is outright illegal to me:

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/2425381/microsoft-is-downloading-windows-10-to-your-machine-just-in-case

I've heard (and seen first hand) about dumb moves from Microsoft, but this specific one has the potential to be a major blunder.
I do hope that the top executives that greenlighted this are instantly fired.

MaX.

Easy solution is not to have your system set on Auto-Update and install but just on notify only for updates. I've always done this because there are certain updates that are not relevant or needed.
Personally I have had no problem with this Windows 10 download issue they are talking about and doubt I will unless I set my system to windows auto-update as it states in the article.  ;)

Hawk.

HornetMaX

I don't have it on auto-update neither, since day zero of my install, but I fear that won't be enough.
And even if it is, calling a 6GB new OS download an "update" is really an abuse.

My plans to go to win10 are delayed until further notice. Anyway I doubt GPB will go DX12 any time soon :)

MaX.

Hawk

Quote from: HornetMaX on September 11, 2015, 08:18:20 PM
I don't have it on auto-update neither, since day zero of my install, but I fear that won't be enough.
And even if it is, calling a 6GB new OS download an "update" is really an abuse.

My plans to go to win10 are delayed until further notice. Anyway I doubt GPB will go DX12 any time soon :)

MaX.

I agree Max.
I always wait at least a good year after release of a new OS before even thinking of upgrading. Gives Microsoft and the dev-houses a good chance to sort out any issues.  :)

Hawk.

Napalm Nick

Just under a year of course, or you will have to buy it!

I think Microsoft has missed a trick - if they allowed Vista machines free upgrades 99% of owners would grab it! Most Vista machines can handle W10 and there is a lot about still so it would of helped Microrippedyouridentityoff get their 1 billion by 2017, quota!

That idea is patented Bill, if you want to use it then get yer fat cheque book out and don't hold back on the zero's.
"The post you are writing has been written at least ten times already in the last 15ish years. Its already been reported, suggested, discussed, ignored or archived (but mostly ignored). Why are you doing it again?"