• Welcome to PiBoSo Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

And we still don't have a proper controller for bikes ...

Started by HornetMaX, June 12, 2015, 07:15:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

Quote from: doubledragoncc on June 12, 2015, 09:25:54 PM
Yep could that covered Hawk. Its part of why I had to delay things. I will be posting about it soon. Just have to finalize a few points and then I will be showing the MTE's that will let most build their own systems using normal bike parts. Naturally the electronics have to be covered and Leo Bodnar has that lol. All will be revealed soon.

DADADADADA

DD

That's good news mate!  ;D

Hawk.

cdx

DD, I had great fun with the controller on GPBikes, can't wait to have one of these at home to actually get some good riding done :)
Can't be bothered anymore with DST on a gamepad. The increased amount of input/interaction/feedback with DST is fun and great for simulating using a gamepad to ride a bike but the SPSS controller actually simulates riding a bike :) And once the foot shifter is in, it will be the real thing!
So psyched for this and beta 7, I feel like jumping on my bike and... trying to not get hit in London. Excitement down. Anyway...
DD, when are we going to see a video? :) And no, not the one where I'm riding. The evil combination of my appearance and my riding would bury the controller's future worse than a core crash on a first demo start :)

doubledragoncc

LOL cdx, was great you could test it for the first time. I just got it working in GTA V and its a blast, it handles real well to steering is perfect, beats the f*** out of using the gamepad to drive/ride in GTA.

There trying to fix my roof again so its a shithole here once more, NOT LOL

Its hard to make a video alone dude, I need one hand to ride, one to smoke and drink beer, got no hands left to film lol

DD
GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

C21

QuoteJust have to finalize a few points and then I will be showing the MTE's that will let most build their own systems using normal bike parts. Naturally the electronics have to be covered and Leo Bodnar has that lol. All will be revealed soon.
Coool :)
I have enough spare parts left to build my own rig  :D
Now i have a usefull use for it.
# Member of the CAWS Racing Team #

cdx

DD, I can see, dear sir, that you are in need of a cameraman. Despair not, for I shall offer my humble services!
:)
Seriously, I could help out for a video sometime. Could bring the DSLR and take some fancy photos, too

doubledragoncc

Sounds like a plan cdx. Txt me when you can okay. New stuff for 3D printer ordered will be here next week so time for new designs lol. Might try a 3 in 1 MTE as it would be better to mount on the handlebar tower.

Could do with a better rider than me in GPB too lol. I just dont get enough time to practice.

Still no more news about what bikes will be in The Crew apart from the Kawa and Ducati in the video and pics.

DD

GPBOC Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/c/IASystemsComputerControls; i7 12700K 5.1GHz Z690 ASUS Strix Z690-A Mobo 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 RAM ASUS Strix RTX3080 OC 10GB DDR6X ASUS Ryujin 360 AOI Cooler ROG Thor 1200w PSU in ROG Helios Tower Case.

doubledragoncc

Quote from: C21 on June 23, 2015, 11:14:13 AM
QuoteJust have to finalize a few points and then I will be showing the MTE's that will let most build their own systems using normal bike parts. Naturally the electronics have to be covered and Leo Bodnar has that lol. All will be revealed soon.
Coool :)
I have enough spare parts left to build my own rig  :D
Now i have a usefull use for it.

Hi C21 you can use any throttle, brake or clutch lever that is with a cable. The cable must have 50mm at the end and normally a 5mm or 6mm nipple. I can custom make for larger nipple at no extra cost. You have to make your own spring pressure for brakes and clutch but ALL MTE units have their own return spring that is the same as a throttle. It takes a whole 10 seconds to connect the cables lol. Each MTE has its own cable adjuster for 6mm or 9mm cable ends. Each unit has a high quality Vishay P260 Heavy Duty potentiometer with 2meters of cable to connect to you input source (Bodnar board etc) Each MTE can also be connected via a rod or arm if need be, just ensure that you have tops on whatever you connect to protect the MTE.

It may sound expensive, but £25 per MTE includes over £10 in electronics and hardware and it is a 8 hour print for the main body and gear arm and pot gear. If I had just the body printed by another company it would cost me £28!!! just for the body.

This is the ONLY unit that allows you to use your old or new bike parts and be able to build your own system. All my other components such as the SPSS steering unit are for sale separately so you can build to your budget.

Pics and videos coming soon (CDX I need a camera man dude lol) Just have to get everything 100% before I do.

DD